QA Cyber Practice offers the UK’s broadest and deepest end-to-end curriculum, aligned to the UK National Cyber Strategy, to strengthen the UK cyber ecosystem by enhancing and expanding the nation’s cyber skills at every level.
What we do, beyond public schedule courses.
The QA cyber practice has an extensive capability providing solutions and services for our clients beyond the traditional training course.
- Best practice cyber learning pathways
- Workforce competency assessments
- Bespoke learning solutions (courses and programmes)
- Skills gap analysis
- Tailored cyber learning pathways for organisations and teams
- Career profiling using best practice skills frameworks
- Multiple gamified learning platforms for simulations and experiential learning
- Regional & national competitions
- Blended learning capability @scale - global delivery for secure by design engineering
- Cyber Skills Forums (Government & Industry)
- National (Award Winning) cyber programmes
- Extensive 50+ cyber partner learning eco-system
- Gateway for innovative cyber learning start-ups
- Nano learning in Emerging Tech
• Free community resources
We build and deliver more cyber programmes than any other UK provider. We have more than 25 specialist cyber instructors who, across a range of national programmes, have educated 17,000+ students in the last four years. Our 80+ cyber courses include more than 20 certified by the National Cyber Security Centre.
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Cyber Security certifications
You can achieve a professional cyber security certification by taking any one of the following courses and passing the associated exams. We have organised them into several categories below for easy navigation.
NCSC Certified Training courses
- Advanced Infrastructure Hacking
- BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles
- C and C++ secure coding
- Certificate in Cyber Governance for Information Asset Owners (IAO)
- Certificate in Digital Forensics Fundamentals
- Certified C# and Web application security
- Certified Data Protection Foundation & Practitioner
- Certified Ethical Hacker v11
- Certified in The Art of Hacking
- Certified ISO 27001 Practitioner
- Certified Java and Web application security
- EC-Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer
- Foundation Certificate in Cyber Security
- ICS Practitioners Security Course
- NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) Bootcamp
- NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) Practitioner
- NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) Bootcamp E-Learning
- NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) Foundation E-Learning
- NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) Practitioner E-Learning
- NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) 800-171 Specialist
- Practitioner Certificate in Cloud Security
- Securing ICS: Becoming a GICSP
- EC-Council Certified Application Security Engineer e-Learning
- EC-Council Certified Blockchain Professional e-Learning
- EC-Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer
- EC-Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer e-Learning
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler e-Learning
- EC-Council Certified Secure Computer User e-Learning
- EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
Ethical Hacking certifications
Offensive Security certifications
NEW: Circadence Project Ares
QA is the only UK Circadence partner and is proud to offer this immersive platform to our clients.
The platform uniquely combines machine learning, single- and multiplayer exercises, and offensive and defensive missions that mirror real-life threat scenarios.
Cyber Security apprenticeship & degree programmes
Our cyber apprenticeship programmes are arming UK organisations with the defenders of the future.
“Being the first female cyber security apprenticeship achiever in the UK is exciting because I'm hoping that, with this result, I can help to inspire more women into a career in tech. I want them to know that you don't always need a strong technical background before starting your career, or have a particular 'personality type' to fit into the industry.”
Stephanie Haynes, UK's first female cyber apprentice
CyberFirst is a pivotal part of the UK government’s National Cyber Security Programme, helping young people explore their passion for tech by introducing them to the world of cyber security. It covers a broad range of activities including schools development courses, a girls-only competition and comprehensive bursary and apprenticeship schemes.
The schools development courses, designed and developed by QA in collaboration with the NCSC offer over 2500 free course places to 12-17 year old students annually at universities and colleges across the UK. Each course is designed to give talented young people the technical skills, practical experience and industry exposure they need to start their journey toward cyber-related careers and opportunities, preparing them for a possible role in making Britain the safest place to live and work online. In 2019 the CyberFirst courses were formally recognised by The Scottish Qualification Authority who credit rated them comparable to GSCE level, against their robust and rigorous educational framework.
“The UK needs to tackle the systemic issues at the heart of the cyber skills shortage...”
National Cyber Security Strategy 2016-2021, HM Government
Cyber Security higher education programmes
QA Higher Education partners with Northumbria University to deliver a cyber security masters programme that is designed to give students the specialist skills required to meet the increased demand and continue the fight against cybercrime.
“Cyber security is a never-ending game; it’s about finding something new and working with it. Having a masters degree can help you through all of these challenges in a systematic and methodical way.”
Stephen Sampana, MSc Cyber Security (Part-Time)
Meet our Cyber Practice Director
Director of Cyber Security
Richard Beck is Director of Cyber at QA. He works with customers to build effective and successful learning solutions tailored for business needs, helping to solve business problems. Richard has designed and architected numerous enterprise and nationwide cyber programmes for QA customers. Responsible for the QA cyber portfolio, products, proposition and cyber partner community. He has over 15 years' experience in senior Information Security roles.
Browse our courses
We couldn't find a match for
Please try another search.