A thorough, practical, 5 day course designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to manage information security, information assurance or information risk based processes. QA's CISMP course is aligned with the latest national information assurance frameworks (IAMM), as well as ISO/IEC 27002 & 27001; the code of practice and standard for information security. This course is a National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) Certified Training course.
The course follows the latest BCS syllabus and prepares delegates for the 2 hour multiple choice BCS examination which is sat on the afternoon of the last day of the course.
This qualification provides delegates with detailed knowledge of the concepts relating to information security; (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks and countermeasures), along with an understanding of current legislation and regulations which impact information security management. Award holders will be able to apply the practical principles covered throughout the course ensuring normal business processes become robust and more secure.
Although perceived as an IT issue, Information Security is in fact a subject relevant to all business units. The CiSMP program is ideal for members of information security management teams, IT Managers, security and systems managers, Information asset owners and employees with legal compliance responsibilities.
The course will act as a stepping stone to more advanced qualifications (either managerial or technical), and also sits nicely with existing project management and service management based programs.
IISP Skills Alignment
This course is aligned to the following Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) Skills. More details on the IISP skills framework can be found here.
- A1, A2, A3, A5, A6, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1, D2, E1, E2, E3, F1, F3, G1
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
CPD points can be claimed for NCSC accredited courses at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for NCSC accredited courses (up to a maximum of 15 points).
- If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager or the QA Examination Administration team on 44 (0)1793 696273.
- BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
- The need for Information Security
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts & definitions
- Information risk management
- Corporate governance
- Organisational responsibilities
- Policies, standards & procedures
- ISO/IEC 27002, 27001 & 13335
- Information security controls
- Incident management
- Legal framework - personal data, DPA, CMA, IPR & copyright, HR & employment issues
- Cryptographic models
- Data Communications & networks
- Physical security
- Auditing & gap analysis
- Training & raising awareness
- Business continuity
- Security investigations & forensics
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.