Please note the PECB Exam for this course is a remote proctored exam taken on the PECB proctor platform, delegates will receive an exam voucher and take the remote proctored exam after the course.
Master the fundamental principles and concepts of Security Risk Assessment and Optimal Security Risk Management in Information Security based on ISO/IEC 27005. ISO/IEC 27005 Security Risk Manager training enables you to develop the competence to master the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course corresponds with the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 security standard.
After understanding all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Security Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Security Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform an optimal Information Security Risk Assessment and timely manage Information Security risks.
- Information Security risk managers
- Information Security team members
- Individuals responsible for Information Security, compliance, and risk within an organization
- Individuals implementing ISO/IEC 27001, seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- IT professionals
- Information Security officers
- Privacy officers
- Acknowledge the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that enable an effective security risk management process according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations in Information Security Risk Management best practices
After successfully completing the exam, you will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
Day 1 Introduction to Information Security controls as recommended by ISO/IEC 27002
- Course objectives and structure
- Concepts and definitions of risk
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Implementing a risk management programme
- Understanding the organization and its context
Day 2 Implementation of a risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Day 3 Overview of other Information Security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam
- OCTAVE Method
- MEHARI Method
- EBIOS Method
- Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment
- (TRA) Method
- Applying for certification and closing the training
Remote PECB Proctored Exam
Results will be communicated by email in a period of 6 to 8 weeks, after taking the exam. The results will not include the exact grade of the candidate, only a mention of pass or fail. Candidates who successfully complete the examination will be able to apply for a certified scheme which is explained in the course description. In the case of a failure, the results will be accompanied with the list of domains in which the candidate had failed to provide guidance for exams’ retake preparation. Candidates, who disagree with the exam results, may file a complaint by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or through PECB ticketing system.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Security Risk Manager” remote proctored exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The remote proctored exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Risk Management
- Domain 2 Implementation of an Information Security Risk Management program
- Domain 3 Information Security risk management framework and process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Domain 4 Other Information Security risk assessment methods
Cyber Security Learning Paths
Want to boost your career in Cyber Security? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.