The CCSK+ Plus builds on the foundation class with expanded material and offers extensive hands-on activities that reinforce classroom instruction. Students engage in a scenario of bringing a fictional organization securely into the cloud, which gives them the opportunity to apply their knowledge by performing a series of activities that would be required in a real-world environment. Students will come away ready to earn their Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK+).
What are the benefits of CCSK+ Plus training?
Get hands-on experience securing an organization in the cloud.
Prepare to earn the widely recognized standard of expertise for cloud security, the Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK+).
Learn and practice applying the knowledge from all 14 domains of the CSA Security Guidance v4.
- Official CCSK+ course materials
- Official CCSK+ course labs
- Official CCSK+ exam voucher & practice questions
- Certified CCSK+ instructor
No Prerequisites. This course is designed for IT professionals whose roles are/involve:
- Cloud computing
- Cloud migration
- IT and information security management
- Network administration
- Security engineer / tester
- Software developer
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
The hands-on labs in AWS and Azure require participants to activate their free trial accounts with AWS and Azure cloud. This requires participants to enter their payment card details. This is only required if participants want to do hands-on learning on AWS or Azure or both the cloud platforms. Just as a direction, on AWS, the maximum charge is usually under $10 and is NIL (no charge) on Azure if you follow the instructor and course guidelines.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand Cloud architecture
- Understand infrastructure security for the cloud
- Understand managing cloud security and risk
- Understand data security for cloud computing
- Understand application security
- Understand Identity and Access Management (IAM) for cloud computing
- Understand cloud security operations
- Understand how to configure security and enable MFA and basic account monitoring practically
- Understand how to configure virtual networks (VPC) and implement baseline controls practically
- Understand how to enable encryption and storage security practically
- Understand how to implement security federation practically
Applied Learning Outcomes:
Core Account Security
- Learn what to configure in the first 5 minutes of opening a new cloud account and enable security controls such as MFA, basic monitoring, and IAM.
IAM and Monitoring In-Depth
- Expand on your work in the first lab and implement more-complex identity management and monitoring. This includes expanding IAM with Attribute Based Access Controls, implementing security alerting, and understanding how to structure enterprise-scale IAM and monitoring.
Network and Instance Security
- Create a virtual network (VPC) and implement a baseline security configuration. You will also learn how to securely select and launch a virtual machine (instance), run a vulnerability assessment in the cloud, and connect to the instance.
Encryption and Storage Security
- Expand your deployment by adding a storage volume encrypted with a customer managed key. You will also learn how to secure snapshots and other data.
Application Security and Federation
- Finish the technical labs by completely building out a 2-tier application and implementing federated identity using OpenID.
Risk and Provider Assessment
- Practice using the CSA Cloud Controls Matrix and STAR registry to evaluate risk and select a cloud provider.
Domain: 1 Cloud computing concept and architecture
Domain: 2 Governance & risk management
Domain: 3 Legal issues, contract & e-discovery
Domain: 4 Compliance & audit management
Domain: 5 Information governance
Domain: 6 Management plane and business contunity
Domain: 7 Infrastructure security
Domain: 8 Virtualization & containers
Domain: 9 Incident response
Domain: 10 Application security
Domain 11: Data security & encryption
Domain 12: Identity, entitlement & access management
Domain 13: Security as a service
Domain 14: Related technologies
Lab Exercise 1: Core Account Security. Students learn what to configure in the first 5 minutes of opening a new cloud account and enable security controls such as MFA, basic monitoring, and IAM.
Lab Exercise 2: IAM and Monitoring In-Depth. Attendees expand their work on the first lab and implement more-complex identity management and monitoring. This includes expanding IAM with Attribute Based Access Controls, implementing security alerting, and understanding how to structure enterprise-scale IAM and monitoring.
Lab Exercise 3: Network and Instance Security. Students create a virtual network (VPC) and implement a baseline security configuration. They also learn how to securely select and launch a virtual machine (instance), run a vulnerability assessment in the cloud, and connect to the instance.
Lab Exercise 4: Encryption and Storage Security: Students expand their deployment by adding a storage volume encrypted with a customer managed key. They also learn how to secure snapshots and other data.
Lab Exercise 5: Application Security and Federation. Students finish the technical labs by completely building out a 2-tier application and implementing federated identity using OpenID.
Lab Exercise 6: Risk and Provider Assessment. Students use the CSA CCM and STAR registry to evaluate risk and select a cloud provider.
The CCSK is an open-book, online exam, completed in 90 minutes with 60 multiple-choice questions selected randomly from the CCSK question pool. Delegates will recieve the exam voucher post course, which you will have 2 years to use. The minimum passing score is 80%.
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Cyber Security for Cloud learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security for Cloud? Click on the role below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Cloud Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in Cloud Security? View QA's learning pathway below, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.