CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is a certification for cyber professionals tasked with incident detection, prevention, and response through continuous security monitoring. This course introduces tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks, identify various types of common threats, evaluate the organization's security, collect, and analyse cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur. This course includes the CySA+ (CS0-003) exam voucher, taken post class.
- Ideally prior to this course, although not essential you will have taken CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ courses or have the equivalent knowledge.
- This course is suited to Security Analyst Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, Incident Response Analyst, Vulnerability Management Analyst, Security Engineer
Delegates will learn how to
- Detect and analyse indicators of malicious activity.
- Understand threat hunting and threat intelligence concepts.
- Use appropriate tools and methods to manage, prioritize and respond to attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Perform incident response processes.
- Understand reporting and communication concepts related to vulnerability management and incident response activities.
Module 1: UNDERSTANDING VULNERABILITY RESPONSE, HANDLING, AND MANAGEMENT
- Understanding Cybersecurity Leadership Concepts
- Exploring Control Types and Methods
- Explaining Patch Management Concepts
Module 2: EXPLORING THREAT INTELLIGENCE AND THREAT HUNTING CONCEPTS
- Exploring Threat Actor Concepts
- Identifying Active Threats
- Exploring Threat-Hunting Concepts
Module 3: EXPLAINING IMPORTANT SYSTEM AND NETWORK ARCHITECTURE CONCEPTS
- Reviewing System and Network Architecture Concepts
- Exploring Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Maintaining Operational Visibility
Module 4: UNDERSTANDING PROCESS IMPROVEMENT IN SECURITY OPERATIONS
- Exploring Leadership in Security Operations
- Understanding Technology for Security Operations
Module 5: IMPLEMENTING VULNERABILITY SCANNING METHODS
- Explaining Compliance Requirements
- Understanding Vulnerability Scanning Methods
- Exploring Special Considerations in Vulnerability Scanning
Module 6: PERFORMING VULNERABILITY ANALYSIS
- Understanding Vulnerability Scoring Concepts
- Exploring Vulnerability Context Considerations
Module 7: COMMUNICATING VULNERABILITY INFORMATION
- Explaining Effective Communication Concepts
- Understanding Vulnerability Reporting Outcomes and Action Plans
Module 8: EXPLAINING INCIDENT RESPONSE ACTIVITIES
- Exploring Incident Response Planning
- Performing Incident Response Activities
Module 9: DEMONSTRATING INCIDENT RESPONSE COMMUNICATION
- Understanding Incident Response Communication
- Analysing Incident Response Activities
Module 10: APPLYING TOOLS TO IDENTIFY MALICIOUS ACTIVITY
- Identifying Malicious Activity
- Explaining Attack Methodology Frameworks
- Explaining Techniques for Identifying Malicious Activity
Module 11: ANALYSING POTENTIALLY MALICIOUS ACTIVITY
- Exploring Network Attack Indicators
- Exploring Host Attack Indicators
- Exploring Vulnerability Assessment Tools
Module 12: UNDERSTANDING APPLICATION VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Analysing Web Vulnerabilities
- Analysing Cloud Vulnerabilities
Module 13: EXPLORING SCRIPTING TOOLS AND ANALYSIS CONCEPTS
- Understanding Scripting Languages
- Identifying Malicious Activity Through Analysis
Module 14: UNDERSTANDING APPLICATION SECURITY AND ATTACK MITIGATION BEST PRACTICES
- Exploring Secure Software Development Practices
- Recommending Controls to Mitigate Successful Application Attacks
- Implementing Controls to Prevent Attacks
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Cyber Defensive Operations learning paths
Want to boost your career in Cyber Defensive Operations? View QA's learning pathways below, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.