ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Information Security Management Systems to secure the organization`s sensitive information and improve the overall performance and effectiveness.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization.
- Managers or consultants involved in Information Security Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Information Security Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISMS requirements
- ISMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an ISMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Information Security Management System best practices
Day 1 Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 and initiation of an ISMS
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Fundamental principles of Information Security Management Systems
- Initiating the implementation of an ISMS
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the Information Security objectives
- Analysis of the existing management system
Day 2 Plan the implementation of an ISMS
- Leadership and approval of the ISMS project
- ISMS scope
- Information Security policies
- Risk assessment
- Statement of Applicability and top management`s decision to implement the ISMS Definition of the organizational structure of
- Information Security
Day 3 Implementation of an ISMS
- Definition of the document management process
- Design of security controls and drafting of specific policies & procedures
- Communication plan
- Training and awareness plan
- Implementation of security controls
- Incident Management
- Operations Management
Day 4 ISMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of non-conformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
Remote PECB Proctored Exam
Results will be communicated by email in a period of 6 to 8 weeks, after taking the exam. The results will not include the exact grade of the candidate, only a mention of pass or fail. Candidates who successfully complete the examination will be able to apply for a certified scheme which is explained in the course description. In the case of a failure, the results will be accompanied with the list of domains in which the candidate had failed to provide guidance for exams’ retake preparation. Candidates, who disagree with the exam results, may file a complaint by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or through PECB ticketing system.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” remote proctored exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The remote proctored exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Domain 2 Information Security Management System controls and best practices based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Domain 3 Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 4 Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 5 Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 7 Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.