Why Should You Attend?
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27002
- Day 2: Information security roles and responsibilities, people controls, and physical controls
- Day 3: Information security assets, access controls, and protection of information systems and networks
- Day 4: Information security incident management and testing and monitoring of information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
Who Should Attend?
- Managers or consultants seeking to enhance their knowledge regarding the implementation of information security controls in an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Individuals responsible for maintaining information security, compliance, risk, or governance in an organization
- IT professionals or consultants seeking to enhance their knowledge in information security
- Members of an ISMS implementation or information security team
Delegates will learn how to
- Explain the fundamental concepts of information security, cybersecurity, and privacy based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Acknowledge the relationship between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Interpret the ISO/IEC 27002 information security controls in the specific context of an organization
- Support an organization in effectively determining, implementing, and managing information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Explain the approaches and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of information security controls
- The training course integrates both theory and practice by guidance and practical examples for the implementation and management of information security controls.
- The training course contains essay-type exercises and multiple-choice quizzes, some of which are scenario-based.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and discuss with each other while partaking in exercises and quizzes.
- The structure of quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security, cybersecurity, and privacy
- Domain 2: Information security management system (ISMS) and initiation of ISO/IEC 27002 information security controls implementation
- Domain 3: Implementation and management of organizational and people controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Domain 4: Implementation and management of physical and technological controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Domain 5: Performance measurement, testing, and monitoring of ISO/IEC 27002 information security controls
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Governance, Risk & Compliance learning paths
Want to boost your career in Governance, Risk & Compliance? View QA's learning pathway below, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.