Why choose our Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship is perfect for learners that are fresh out of an IT education or already employed in the tech sector and looking to take the next step.
The Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme concentrates on modern network infrastructure, advanced connectivity and advanced security. This enables learners to develop and enhance technical skills, and ensure that they have the technical grounding needed to become a skilled Network Designer, Systems Engineer or Network Administrator.
QA’s Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Get equipped with the advanced technical skills needed for the role
- Learn the core networking and server administration skills required to support a traditional on-premise, cloud or hybrid network
- Dive deep into the management of networks, exploring network hardware and software, network services and routing protocols
- Get immersed in technical content designed around real skills, aligning to and relevant to employers and the market
- Combine online learning live event training and on-the-job experience to develop real world skills using cutting-edge technology
Why choose QA
Tech careers started or enhanced through apprenticeships
Success rate for learners on a QA apprenticeship
Response time to learner queries
Under 24 hours
Feedback provided on learner submissions
Applicants apply to our apprenticeship programmes every year
Highest overall pass rate
Among UK tech training providers
Best Use of Blended Learning at the Learning Tech Awards 2020
Committed to social mobility, diversity and inclusion
Key partners include Barnardo's, Stemettes and Code First Girls
91%of QA apprentices go straight into full-time jobs
2.1 millionjobs in the digital economy
£42,578average skilled digital salary
The Network Engineer Level 4 programme overview
Learners benefit from a flexible and blended learning journey, helping them apply technical solutions to a range of real-life scenarios – gaining valuable workplace skills faster.
The typical duration of the Network Engineer Level 4 programme is 15 months, plus a 3-month end-point assessment. View the modules in order below, including Networking Fundamentals, Network Infrastructure, Networking Concepts and Troubleshooting, Network Systems and Architecture, and Network Optimisation and Security.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- an A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
*Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements.
Possible job roles for a Network Engineer
This programme is suitable for multiple roles, such as:
Network Technician, Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Architect, and Infrastructure Engineer.
Download free Network Engineer Level 4 resources
The Network Engineer programme can be funded using the apprenticeship levy, requiring you to only pay up to 5% of the programme.
What our learners say
Looking to become an apprentice?
Your first step is to apply for one of our apprentice jobs.
Start by clicking here and choose the relevant filter to see our current vacancies:
Partnering with you to power potential
We can work together to help recruit tech and digital apprentices or help reskill your existing workforce and provide your business with the in-demand tech skills you need.
Get in touch with us. Our team will respond within 48 hours.