This Microsoft Power Platform Dataverse and Model-Driven App course is designed for anyone who needs to understand the Microsoft Power Platform Dataverse database, including how to create a data model. The training continues with building Microsoft Power Platform Model-Driven Apps to consume and work with the data from the Dataverse database. This course also explains the Microsoft Power Platform Security model and how to secure the Dataverse database data and their associated Model-Driven Apps.
Are you needing to upgrade your Dynamics 365 skills? This training will help you get to grips with the new Microsoft Power Platform interfaces and show you the new routes to work with and customise Dynamics 365 data.
This course forms part of the learning required for the Microsoft exam PL-200: Power Platform Functional consultant. With additional study or training courses delegates can gain this valuable Microsoft Certification.
- A basic understanding of cloud technology including the Power Platform.
- An understanding of relational databases is an advantage, but not mandatory.
Instructors will demonstrate features throughout the event. Optional Lab exercises are available for students to complete within a delegate created free trial tenancy. Microsoft may require a valid credit card to create 30 day free tenancies which must be cancelled within 30 days to avoid incurring charges. QA have no control over the Microsoft 365 trial tenancy signup or billing process.
Delegates will learn how to
Please note: Due to the dynamic nature of updates to Office 365 functionality by Microsoft, elements of the syllabus of this course can be subject to change without notice.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
This course is one of the unique Microsoft Office 365 QA authored Mastering courses.
Other technical courses within the QA authored curriculum for Office 365 include:
- Technical Overview
- Core Technical Administration
- Adoption and Governance
- Exchange Online and Exchange Hybrid
- Sharepoint Online
- Microsoft 365 Teams
- Microsoft Power Automate and Microsoft PowerApps
- Mastering Power Automate – 3 days
- Mastering Power Apps – 3 days
- Mastering Power Platform Dataverse and Model-Driven Apps - 3 days
- Modern Desktop and Mobile Device Administration with Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft 365 Purview, Compliance and Security
- Building Microsoft Teams Applications
- Module 1: Introduction to the Power Platform
- Module 2: Power Platform Environments & Solution Management
- Module 3: Creating and Managing Tables in the Dataverse
- Module 4: Creating and Customising Columns
- Module 5: Getting started with Model-Driven Apps
- Module 6: Establishing Relationships
- Module 7: Configuring Forms for Model-Driven Apps
- Module 8: introduction to Business Rules
- Module 9: Creating and Maintaining Views in Dataverse
- Module 10: Advanced Model-Driven Apps components
- Module 11: The Power Platform Security Model – Users
- Module 12: The Power Platform Security Model – Business Units
- Module 13: The Power Platform Security Model – Security Roles
- Module 14: The Power Platform Security Model – Teams
- Module 15: Putting it all together
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.