This course is designed for delegates who are planning to take the corresponding Functional Consultant Certification Exam, or delegates who are performing Functional Consultant tasks in their daily jobs.This course looks in-depth at the Power Platform including Dataverse, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and Power Virtual Agents.
- Experience as an IT professional
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform and its key components
- General knowledge of data modelling and security concepts.
Delegates will learn how to
- Configure Microsoft Power Platform Solutions and Apps.
- Work with and manage the Dataverse.
- Create apps (model-driven and Canvas apps).
- Discover how to create portals using Power Pages,
- Build processes using Power Automate.
- Build Chatbots using Power Virtual Agents.
- Create reports and Dashboards using Power BI.
- Discuss solution management and integrations.
Learning Path 1: Work with Microsoft Dataverse
- What is a relational database?
- Introduction to Microsoft Dataverse
- Manage Environments
- Manage customisations with solutions
- Create and manage tables in Microsoft Dataverse
- Create and manage columns in Microsoft Dataverse
- Create relationships between tables
- Create and define calculated and rollup columns in Microsoft Dataverse
Learning Path 2: Manage Microsoft Dataverse
- Define and create Business Rules
- Load/export data in Microsoft Dataverse
- Manage security in Microsoft Dataverse
- Administration options in Microsoft Dataverse
Learning Path 3: Create a Model-driven app in Power Apps
- Introduction to model-driven apps
- Design and create model-driven apps
- Configure forms
- Configure views
- Configure charts & Dashboards
Learning Path 4: Create Canvas apps in Power Apps
- Introduction to Canvas apps
- Customise a Canvas app
- Build the UI in a Canvas app
- Navigation in Canvas app
- Manage apps
- Build a mobile-optimised app
- Connect to other data in Canvas apps
Learning Path 5: Make portals in Power Pages
- Introduction to Power Pages
- Core components and features
- Portals architecture
- Explore design studio
Learning Path 6: Build automation with Power Automate
- Introduction to automation in Dataverse
- Introduction to Power Automate
- Create Power Automate Cloud Flows
- Use Dataverse triggers and actions in Power Automate cloud flows
- Introduction to expressions in Power Automate
- Test and troubleshoot Power Automate cloud flows
- Administer Power Automate cloud flows
- Create Business Process Flows
Learning Path 7: Build chatbots with Power Virtual Agents
- Identify use cases for Power Virtual Agents
- Identify components of Power Virtual Agents
- Build Chatbots
Learning Path 8: Visualise data with Power BI
- Introduction to analysing data with Power BI
- Consume Power BI in Power Platform
Learning Path 9: Solutions and Integrations
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Interoperability with other services
- Additional workshop to consolidate knowledge if time permits
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.