This course covers Microsoft Teams for Administrators. Delegates will learn the following including hands on labs
- Microsoft Teams Features and Functionality
- Microsoft Teams planning and deployment considerations
- Microsoft Teams Administration tools and role models
- Microsoft Teams Meetings functionality and administration
- Microsoft Teams Messaging and Channels
- Microsoft Teams Security and Compliance features
- Microsoft Teams Reporting
- Microsoft Teams calling features and administration
Delegates should have a basic understanding of what Microsoft Teams is and basic computer skills.
Note: This course is for people involved in Microsoft Teams Administration, not end users.
Whilst this is not a PowerShell course, as PowerShell is one of the core administrative tools within Microsoft 365 products - there will be PowerShell steps referenced within the course and used in the labs. Where PowerShell is used in the labs Students can either copy and paste the instructions, or in most exercises use a GUI alternative method (though sometimes a GUI alternative is not available). A high level understanding of what PowerShell is would be very beneficial, but not absolutely essential for this course.
Instructors will demonstrate features throughout the event. Optional Lab exercises are available for students to complete within a delegate created free trial tenancy. Microsoft may require a valid credit card to create 30 day free tenancies which must be cancelled within 30 days to avoid incurring charges. QA have no control over the Microsoft 365 trial tenancy signup or billing process.
Module 1 – Overview of Microsoft Teams Functionality
- An Overview of Microsoft Teams from a user perspective
- Team Concepts
- Assign Team Members and Owners
- Best Practices for Organizing Teams
- Best Practices for Channels
- Create an ‘Org-wide’ Team in Microsoft Teams
- Best Practices for Org-wide Teams
- Presence in Teams
- Presence States
Module 2 – Planning and Verifying an Environment is Ready for Microsoft Teams
- Teams Architecture
- How Teams Interact with other services
- Deleting a Team
- Teams Membership Management
- Converting Microsoft 365 Groups to Teams
- Restoring Deleted Channels, Teams and Microsoft 365 Groups
- Prepare Your Organization’s Network for Teams
- Traffic Types Used by Teams
- Preparing Your Network for Microsoft Teams
- Media Quality and Network Connectivity Performance in Teams
- Factors that impact Microsoft Teams Media Quality
- Teams Network Assessment Tool
Module 3 – Deployment of Microsoft Teams
- Manage Teams at the Microsoft 365 Tenant Level
- Manage User Access to Microsoft Teams
- Control who can create Teams
- Teams Admin Center Overview
- Teams PowerShell Overview
- Teams Admin Roles and Capabilities
- Clients for Microsoft Teams
- Hardware Requirements for the Teams App
- Communicate with Teams in Other Organizations Using External Access
- Managing Guest Access in Microsoft Teams
- Applying sensitivity labels to Teams
Module 4 – Meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Meeting Settings in the Admin Center
- Meeting Settings in PowerShell
- Meeting Policies in the Admin Center
- Meeting Policies in PowerShell
- Microsoft Teams Live Events
- Plan for Teams Live Events
- Set Up for Teams Live Events
- Configure Teams Live Events
- Audio Conferencing in Teams
Module 5 – Messaging and Channels in Microsoft Teams
- Managing Global Teams Settings
- Managing Conversations and Chat with Messaging Policies
- Controlling which Apps are available in Teams
- Configuring App Setup Policies
Module 6 – Security & Compliance in Microsoft Teams
- Location of Data in Teams
- Overview of Security and Compliance in Teams
- Content Search & eDiscovery
- Creating Holds
- Retention Policies in Teams
- Auditing & Reporting
Module 7 – Reporting in Microsoft Teams
- Usage and Activity Reports for Teams
- Call Analytics and the Call Quality Dashboard
Module 8 – Calling in Microsoft Teams
- Calling in Teams
- Teams Calling Features
- Emergency Services Calling
- Teams Phone in Microsoft 365
- Calling Plans
- Teams Phone Services
- Setting Up Teams Phone in Your Organization
- Setting the Teams Phone Caller ID
- Setting Up Teams Phone Voicemail
- Emergency Locations, Addresses, and Call Routing
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.