Accessing your courseware and registering attendance with Microsoft
Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365.
- describe the Zero-Trust methodology
- describe the shared responsibility model
- define defense in depth
- describe common threats
- describe encryption
- describe Microsoft's privacy principles
- describe the offerings of the service trust portal
- define identity as the primary security perimeter
- define authentication
- define authorization
- describe what identity providers are
- describe what Active Directory is
- describe the concept of Federated services
- define common Identity Attacks
- describe what Azure Active Directory is
- describe Azure AD identities (users, devices, groups, service principals/applications)
- describe what hybrid identity is
- describe the different external identity types (Guest Users)
- describe the different authentication methods
- describe self-service password reset
- describe password protection and management capabilities
- describe Multi-factor Authentication
- describe Windows Hello for Business
- describe what conditional access is
- describe uses and benefits of conditional access
- describe the benefits of Azure AD roles
- describe what identity governance is
- describe what entitlement management and access reviews is
- describe the capabilities of PIM
- describe Azure AD Identity ProtectionDescribe the capabilities of Microsoft Security Solutions
- describe Azure Network Security groups
- describe Azure DDoS protection
- describe what Azure Firewall is
- describe what Azure Bastion is
- describe what Web Application Firewall is
- describe ways Azure encrypts data
- describe the Azure Security center
- describe Azure Secure score
- describe the benefit and use cases of Azure Defender - previously the cloud workload protection platform (CWPP)
- describe Cloud security posture management (CSPM)
- describe security baselines for Azure
- define the concepts of SIEM, SOAR, XDR
- describe the role and value of Azure Sentinel to provide integrated threat protection
- describe Microsoft 365 Defender services
- describe Microsoft Defender for Identity (formerly Azure ATP)
- describe Microsoft Defender for Office 365 (formerly Office 365 ATP)
- describe Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP)
- describe Microsoft Cloud App Security
- describe the Microsoft 365 Security Center
- describe how to use Microsoft Secure Score
- describe security reports and dashboards
- describe incidents and incident management capabilities
- describe what Intune isdescribe endpoint security with Intune
- describe the endpoint security with the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- describe the compliance center
- describe compliance manager
- describe use and benefits of compliance score
- describe data classification capabilities
- describe the value of content and activity explorer
- describe sensitivity labels
- describe Retention Polices and Retention Labels
- describe Records Management
- describe Data Loss Prevention
- describe Insider risk management solution
- describe communication compliance
- describe information barriers
- describe privileged access management
- describe customer lockbox
- describe the purpose of eDiscovery
- describe the capabilities of the content search tool
- describe the core eDiscovery workflow
- describe the advanced eDisovery workflow
- describe the core audit capabilities of M365
- describe purpose and value of Advanced Auditing
Please note that whilst this course is aligned to the equivalent Microsoft Exam it may not contain all information required to pass the exam. As per Microsoft guidance, further self study and hands on experience is recommended in addition to attendance of this course.
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.