This course introduces Microsoft 365, an integrated cloud platform that delivers industry-leading productivity apps along with intelligent cloud services, and world-class security. You’ll learn foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing. You will be introduced to Microsoft 365 and learn how Microsoft 365 solutions improve productivity, facilitate collaboration, and optimize communications.
The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
Please note: This course is an overview of the features and technologies offered by Microsoft 365. It does not teach the student how to administer Microsoft 365.
This course helps to prepare the student for the Microsoft exam MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals.
This course is designed for those looking to demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of Microsoft 365 and its features. Candidates may have knowledge of cloud-based solutions or may be new to Microsoft 365.
Accessing your courseware and registering attendance with Microsoft
This course is designed for business decision makers and IT professionals who aspire to deploy cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General knowledge of networking, computing, and cloud concepts
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the Microsoft 365 services that support productivity, collaboration and business management.
- Describe the analytics capabilities of Microsoft 365, including Viva Insights.
- Describe the security and compliance features of Microsoft 365.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
Learning Path 1: Describe cloud concepts
- Describe cloud computing
- Describe the benefits of using cloud services
- Describe cloud service types
Learning Path 2: Describe Microsoft 365 apps and services
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Describe productivity solutions in Microsoft 365
- Describe collaboration solutions in Microsoft 365
- Describe endpoint modernization, management concepts and deployment options in Microsoft 365
- Describe analytics capabilities in Microsoft 365
Learning Path 3: Describe Microsoft 365 security and compliance capabilities
- Describe the services and identity types of Azure AD
- Describe the access management capabilities of Azure AD
- Describe threat protection with Microsoft Defender
- Describe security capabilities of Microsoft Sentinel
- Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe the Service Trust Portal and privacy with Microsoft
Learning Path 4: Describe Microsoft 365 pricing, licensing and support
- Describe Microsoft 365 pricing, licensing and billing options
- Describe support offerings for Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.