This three day practitioner course will provide a practical guide to Data Protection (GDPR) & Privacy Legislation, Information Governance, Risk Management & Security and Data Protection (GDPR) implementation.
Under the new EU data protection regulations, the appointment of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) will be mandatory for controllers and processors in the public sector. The obligations for this new and challenging role will require insight into cyber threats, risks, data breach management, secure design and secure by default principles, privacy compliance and the legal spectrum of the GDPR.
This course is suitable for data protection officers, HR Professionals, compliance officers, auditors, IT & security Professionals and those wishing to challenge for the Certified Data Protectioner Practitioner exam.
This Data Protection Practitioner (GDPR) course is primarily aimed at professionals working with IT, Risk, Security, Governance and Compliance roles across public and private sectors. It is also aimed at Marketing Professionals and Project Managers.
Attending the Foundation is recommended but not mandatory. If you hold sufficient knowledge already, you can go straight to the Practitioner.
Learn to solve Data Protection (GDPR) problems to new privacy situations by applying acquired knowledge, facts, techniques, and rules learnt from the Data Protection Foundation course.
- Apply the implementation pathway for Data Protection (GDPR) compliance
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Incident Response
- Policy Frameworks
- E-discovery and data auditing
- Privacy by Design / Default
- Identify the key differences between the Data Protection Act and the GDPR
- Understand the role of the data Protection Officer (DPO) and the new obligations
- Develop a plan to address the challenges of building a privacy programme across your organisation
- Prepare for managing and reacting to a data breach both from a regulator and commercial perspective
- Identify the changing rights of data subjects, consent, data in the cloud and third parties
- Model about the enforcement aspects of the GDPR to your organisation
- Act in a more…responsible, ethical and well informed manner,to GDPR compliance issues and scenarios.
- Adapt your communication style…to being one of a knowledgeable, capable Privacy Professional and or Practitioner.
- Build effective working relationships….by being able to articulate and determine GDPR compliance issues, via the logical interpretation and application of the GDPR Articles and Recitals, to real world and hypothetical work/life scenarios.
- Module 1: Transitioning to DP18 (GDPR)
- Module 2: Useful Preparation Steps
- Module 3: Data Protection by Design and by Default and DPIAs
- Module 4: Risk Management, Assurance and Appropriate Security
- Module 5: Obligations on Controllers and Processors
- Module 6: Direct Marketing and Online Profiling
- Module 7: Cloud, Big Data and Transfers to Third Countries (incl. Brexit)
- Module 8: Privacy and Monitoring
- Module 9: Staying Compliant
- Exam Prep.
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.