Design Thinking is a two-day overview course which blends discussion and group exercises to explore the design thinking methodology and principles, covering its origins, why it is used, what makes it so effective, the mindset necessary for success and the tools that can be used to implement it, featuring sector-specific case studies that highlight the do's and don't of service design and product development when using design thinking principles.
The 5 steps of Design Thinking:
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
Delegates will learn how to
Participants will be able to:
- Understand in greater detail the benefits of Design thinking
- Apply Design Thinking techniques to support the innovation of products/services
- Demonstrate the design thinking mindset when approaching tasks that require “out the box thinking”
- Use Design Thinking as a means to solve complex problems
- Use Design thinking as a tool to creatively improve products/processes
In this two day course the session begins with a step by step walk-through introduction to design thinking, covering the key aspects of the methodology, as well as the design principles that are promoted. As the session progresses into the second day. Learners will have walked through each of the 5 stages applying techniques learned, to the case study (provided either by the client or ourselves) working through the different phases of the design thinking double diamond. This two day course offers deeper insight into the concept of design thinking with further support given to delegates on how to facilitate the different topics.