Please note: Due to the current situation with Covid 19 the APMG are enabling your exam to be taken virtually. Your exam will therefore be scheduled for the same day and time as it would for a classroom event. QA’s exam administration team will place the booking with APMG. APMG will then email delegates directly confirming the details of the exam session and provide the relevant information the delegates will require in order to access their exam on the day.
The AgilePgM® training course is aimed at aspiring and practicing programme managers and team members wishing to adopt a disciplined, flexible and collaborative approach to the management of large-scale business transformation activities (programmes).
Developed by the Agile Business Consortium (formally DSDM Consortium), the new certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Programmes in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Programme Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
AgilePgM® provides programme managers with a disciplined but flexible agile approach to the management of transformational organizational change, allowing for iterative and incremental delivery of outputs and benefits.
AgilePgM® teaches you a disciplined but flexible agile approach to the management of organizational change – enabling you to play a crucial role in ensuring a programme captures its vision.
The governance model, contained within the guidance, ensures a programme will capture its vision, whilst empowering teams to work without undue interference. Built on firm foundations, the programme can evolve and react to business change in our increasingly dynamic world.
What is included?
In addition to the training, delegates will receive:
- The Agile Programme Management Foundation exam fee
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG Agile Programme Management Handbook (Manual)
- One year free membership of the Agile Business Consortium
Anyone involved in agile programmes will benefit from the qualification, but it is specifically aimed at:
- Programme Managers
- Those responsible for implementing change in organisations
- Senior business people who have responsibility for programmes
- PMO Managers
- Project Managers participating in an agile programme
- PMO Staff
- Governance bodies (e.g. financial, strategic, compliance)
- Programme Assurance
- Sponsoring Groups
- Risk Managers
- Procurement Professionals involved in agile programmes
There are no prerequisites for this course although it would be beneficial for delegates to have some practical experience of project work within an Agile environment.
Proof of identity
Delegates must bring signed photo ID to APMG examinations (e.g. passport, driving license, and student card) as they will be asked by the invigilator to produce it prior to the exam. Delegates must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found on the APMG International website.
- The nature and structure of an Agile programme lifecycle.
- Planning to support an Agile programme.
- Management and control of an Agile programme.
- Communication in an Agile programme.
- How people are organised in an Agile programme and how they contribute.
- Stakeholder strategies.
- The lifecycle of an AgilePgM programme
- The products produced by AgilePgM programme
- AgilePgM roles and responsibilities
- AgilePgM governance
- AgilePgM quality management
- Stakeholder engagement, communication and management
This qualification provides those involved in large-scale change initiatives with the tools they need to adopt an agile approach to programmes. It equips them to be able to scale agile and to incorporate agile and non-agile initiatives into a programme. It also provides a full Programme Management framework that can easily fit with existing programme management methods or it can be used in its own right.
Benefits for Delegates
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile; the ability to apply relevant programme management methods, leading to successful agile programmes.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile programmes compared to traditional programmes and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between all stakeholders and provide ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to ensure continuous alignment to a changing business environment.
- Ensure incremental and iterative realisation of benefits by encouraging active stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
Benefits for Organizations
- The organization will have a standard approach to executing agile programmes, incorporating agile and non-agile projects and activities.
- Deliver transformational change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continuous realization of benefits and validation of programme goals against business strategy
- Complements and works with existing corporate methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2®, MSP, AgilePM®) and quality and audit processes.
- Improves rigour and visibility around programme management, leading to a proven track record of successful programme outcomes in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile programme management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over programmes and just in time planning without disrupting the programme budget, timescale and vision.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.