The AgilePgM® training course is aimed at aspiring and practicing programme managers and team members wishing to adopt a disciplined, flexible and collaborative approach to the management of large-scale business transformation activities (programmes).
Developed by the Agile Business Consortium (formally DSDM Consortium), the new certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Programmes in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Programme Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
AgilePgM® provides programme managers with a disciplined but flexible agile approach to the management of transformational organizational change, allowing for iterative and incremental delivery of outputs and benefits.
AgilePgM® teaches you a disciplined but flexible agile approach to the management of organizational change – enabling you to play a crucial role in ensuring a programme captures its vision.
The governance model, contained within the guidance, ensures a programme will capture its vision, whilst empowering teams to work without undue interference. Built on firm foundations, the programme can evolve and react to business change in our increasingly dynamic world.
What is included?
In addition to the training, delegates will receive:
- The Agile Programme Management Foundation exam fee
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG Agile Programme Management Handbook (Manual)
- One year free membership of the Agile Business Consortium
Anyone involved in agile programmes will benefit from the qualification, but it is specifically aimed at:
- Programme Managers
- Those responsible for implementing change in organisations
- Senior business people who have responsibility for programmes
- PMO Managers
- Project Managers participating in an agile programme
- PMO Staff
- Governance bodies (e.g. financial, strategic, compliance)
- Programme Assurance
- Sponsoring Groups
- Risk Managers
- Procurement Professionals involved in agile programmes
There are no prerequisites for this course although it would be beneficial for delegates to have some practical experience of project work within an Agile environment.
Proof of identity
Delegates must bring signed photo ID to APMG examinations (e.g. passport, driving license, and student card) as they will be asked by the invigilator to produce it prior to the exam. Delegates must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found on the APMG International website.
- The nature and structure of an Agile programme lifecycle.
- Planning to support an Agile programme.
- Management and control of an Agile programme.
- Communication in an Agile programme.
- How people are organised in an Agile programme and how they contribute.
- Stakeholder strategies.
- The lifecycle of an AgilePgM programme
- The products produced by AgilePgM programme
- AgilePgM roles and responsibilities
- AgilePgM governance
- AgilePgM quality management
- Stakeholder engagement, communication and management
This qualification provides those involved in large-scale change initiatives with the tools they need to adopt an agile approach to programmes. It equips them to be able to scale agile and to incorporate agile and non-agile initiatives into a programme. It also provides a full Programme Management framework that can easily fit with existing programme management methods or it can be used in its own right.
Benefits for Delegates
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile; the ability to apply relevant programme management methods, leading to successful agile programmes.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile programmes compared to traditional programmes and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between all stakeholders and provide ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to ensure continuous alignment to a changing business environment.
- Ensure incremental and iterative realisation of benefits by encouraging active stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
Benefits for Organizations
- The organization will have a standard approach to executing agile programmes, incorporating agile and non-agile projects and activities.
- Deliver transformational change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continuous realization of benefits and validation of programme goals against business strategy
- Complements and works with existing corporate methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2®, MSP, AgilePM®) and quality and audit processes.
- Improves rigour and visibility around programme management, leading to a proven track record of successful programme outcomes in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile programme management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over programmes and just in time planning without disrupting the programme budget, timescale and vision.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
Agile learning paths
Want to boost your career in agile? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.