The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 180 days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 180 days from the point of purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the environment.
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they’ve mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) manual for reference both during and after your course
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course.
This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410:Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Please Note: Labs in this course are based on the General Availability release of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) Professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment. Candidates typically interested in attending this course would be
- Windows Server Administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and the related technologies and are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the pre-requisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.