What is the project management office?
The project management office (PMO) is a support team within a business that defines change standards and supports change leaders (project and programme managers) in delivering that change. It's a central hub for standards, risks and issues which ensure more successful delivery. These stats show the vital role a PMO plays:
- 80% of the best project organisations – those who deliver successful projects consistently – have a PMO (according to PMI).
- In 2016, PMOs delivered a 33% budgetary improvement on projects, 27% improved customer satisfaction, and 25% reduction in failed projects (PMSolutions).
- 50% of organisations surveyed by PMSolutions said they saw PMO as an overhead rather than a contributor to success – the data proves this is not the case.
PMO roles and responsibilities
- PMO provides a centralised centre of excellence.
- PMO provides an independent set of eyes and ears to give confidence that the work is being delivered in the best possible way.
- PMO provides an information hub through which all change work communicates, ensuring that lessons are learned across the organisation and acted upon.
Why you may need PMO training
- You have multiple projects or programmes running at once.
- You find that senior management do not have the time to ensure that the work is being carried out correctly.
- Your projects and programmes do not work consistently and you need to be confident that they are being managed effectively.
- Your change teams need to communicate with and learn from each other.
Why train with QA?
- We offer both main PMO frameworks available – P3O and PPSO.
- We have highly experienced training personnel who can use real-world examples to demonstrate key points.
Top PMO courses
P3O® Foundation and Practitioner
Both the foundation and practitioner courses combined into a 5-day event.
Advanced application of the PMO. For those setting up and running the PMO. Note: delegates must have passed the foundation first.
Essentials for PMO Administrators
Entry-level introduction to the role of a delivery member of the PMO, defined as an Administrator.
Browse our courses
We couldn't find a match for
Please try another search.