Looking to build up your Agile coaching skills? This certification course enables you to create a flexible and trusting environment for Agile teams to work collaboratively and achieve healthy conflict resolution. It focuses on developing an understanding of the fundamentals of the professional coaching skill set and when to apply coaching, mentoring, facilitation or training to serve individuals and teams in agile contexts. You will learn to understand and work with teams and your organisation as human systems.
The course is highly interactive and blends practical theory, tools and techniques with workshopping and using your own case studies to immediately relate what you are learning to your agile teams at work.
You will be assessed by your coach/trainer throughout the course on the following:
Pre-course preparation – Case Study
- You will be asked to bring a case study to work on at different points during the course. It will need to demonstrate your knowledge of the team and organisational aspects of what is helping or hindering agility. We will send you a case study template to help you prepare.
During the course:
- Your contributions to activities, discussions and feedback to the cohort – demonstrating the learning outcomes
- Your ability to demonstrate Scrum Values – Commitment, Openness, Courage, Respect and Focus during activities throughout the course
Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Release Train Engineers, Agile Project Managers who are qualified agilists, or have a solid knowledge of Agile. Aspiring coaches with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring, and teaching in service of Agile teams. N.B. A good working knowledge of Agile is essential.
- Develop an agile coaching mindset to best serve agile teams
- Assess agile team development and boost high performance
- Develop and practise a collaborative and flexible set of coaching tools – listening and questioning to empower your teams
- Understand when coaching, mentoring, facilitation or training will serve the agile team best
- Be comfortable maintaining a strong presence whilst supporting the team ‘from the sidelines’
- Coach teams to identify, probe and explore issues collaboratively
- Mentor teams at free choice so they retain ownership and accountability
- Coach, mentor and facilitate teams through change
- Facilitate role transitions within the agile framework
- Use Emotional Intelligence and articulate neutral observations to serve the team
- Overcome resistance whilst keeping people ‘onside’
- Creating coaching alliances and coaching contracts
- Development in the Agile Coaching Discipline
- Setting Boundaries for Agile Coaching
- Professional Coaching
- Coach as Mentor
- Coach as Teacher
- Coach as Team Coach
Agile learning paths
Want to boost your career in agile? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.