Please note: Due to the current situation with Covid 19 the APMG are enabling your exam to be taken virtually. Your exam will therefore be scheduled for the same day and time as it would for a classroom event. QA’s exam administration team will place the booking with APMG. APMG will then email delegates directly confirming the details of the exam session and provide the relevant information the delegates will require in order to access their exam on the day.
Please note: to support your learning this course features digital assets and may also feature digital courseware that require a MyQA login in order to access. All the relevant links and sign-up details will be sent to you in the course joining instructions email. During the in-centre training we provide laptops to access these digital assets and courseware, but you will need your own internet-connected device in order to access any evening homework. If you foresee any problems please get in touch with QA as soon as possible.
This three-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework. The course included the in-depth Practitioner-level examination of how a project manager applies the framework.
Presented by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
This course does not cover the Scrum Framework.
Delegates should be prepared to set aside time to revise for the Practitioner exam in the evenings after the course lecture finishes. This includes studying the course Handbook, and working through sample exam questions.
Delegates must already be qualified at APMG agile Project Management Foundation level and will need to provide evidence on day-one of the course.
The Practitioner course is intended for anyone who expects to have a management or leadership role in an Agile project and is specifically built to support anyone who needs to apply the DSDM Project Management framework in a business environment. Delegates are expected to have experience of team leading, project management, or project assurance/support. This course is not aimed at delegates new to project management and Agile.
Proof of identity
Delegates must bring signed photo ID APMG examinations (e.g. passport, driving license, student card) as they will be asked by the invigilator to produce it prior to the exam. Delegates must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found on the APMG International website.
Delegates are expected to already own the latest copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook (version 2.0) and be conversant with its content. The Handbook must be brought to the course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Set up an Agile project
- Identify appropriate people for Agile roles
- Define Increments and Timeboxes to keep a project on track
- Manage a Solution Development Team
- Communicate with business stakeholders in a project environment
- Use Agile techniques, including prioritisation of requirements, to ensure on-time project delivery,
- Present the benefits of Agile approaches to senior management
- Identify risks to delivery of projects managed using the DSDM Agile approach
- Roles and Responsibilities - the project manager's view
- Agile Project Management through the Lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on Time - Combining MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- People, Teams, and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating - How and When
- Project Planning throughout the Lifecycle
- Quality - Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
- Agile Practitioner Examination
All delegates will sit the APMG Agile Project Management Practitioner exam in the afternoon of the third day.
The Practitioner examination takes place at 13:00 on the afternoon of Day 3 and will last for up to 2.5 hours.
Please Note: The last day (Day 3) will finish by 15:30 after the conclusion of the Practitioner exam.
- Objective examination. 4 questions (20 points per question).
- 40/80 points required to pass the exam (50%).
- Duration 2.5 hours.
- Open book (only the official AgilePM manual is allowed).
APMG-International Agile Project Management is a trademark of The APM Group Limited.
QA reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of its customers without notice to the customer.