The APM Project Management qualification (PMQ), is a knowledge-based qualification developed by APM, the chartered body for the project profession. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how all elements of project management interact and how your project fits into your strategic and commercial environment. This course is aligned to the APM Body of Knowledge version 7.
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners is a ‘fast-track’ course to the PMQ (3 days versus 5 days for PMQ) and shorter exam (2 hours versus 3 hours for PMQ) for anyone who is a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner – that is passed your PRINCE2 Practitioner exam in the 5 years prior to the date of this PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam.
This course includes the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination, and all course material to prepare you fully for your exam.
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners is specifically designed for registered PRINCE2 Practitioners.
Benefits of taking this course
With a shorter training course and exam, this route will save you time and money. PMQ develops your knowledge and understanding beyond your learning from PRINCE2, to help you grow into a committed and capable project professional. It prepares you to deliver project success in critical areas such as budgeting and cost management, conflict management and teamwork.
By passing the PMQ exam, you will achieve an internationally recognised qualification.
According to the APM Salary and Market Trends Survey 2019:
- 46% of PMQ holders earned £50,000 or more
- 94% of candidates would recommend PMQ
Why QA should be chosen
QA are a market leader in the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners, training hundreds of people every year with market-leading pass rates. QA offers PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners training in a format that suits you:
- Classroom (public courses or client–specific, at a QA venue or client venue)
- Live Streaming
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam is also available online, for added convenience.
Delegates who attend this course are expected to have a minimum of 2 years' experiece in managing projects.
- To attend this course you must be a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner. If you are not a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner (either you have not passed PRINCE2 Practitioner or it has lapsed) you should book on the PMQ course.
- You will be required to prove you are a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner before being able to sit this exam. Failure to prove your registered PRINCE2 Practitioner status will mean you will not be able to sit your exam.
- You will receive some pre-course reading. Please complete this pre-course reading in full to get the most out of your course. Everyone learns differently yet we would advise spending 10 hours on your pre-course reading.
Proof of Identification
Photographic identification is required to sit your PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam. Examples include:
- Driving licence
- Work Badge
You are required to show the invigilator your photographic identification – failure to do so will mean you will not be allowed to sit your exam.
If you are taking an online exam, we advise you to familiarise yourself with the remote invigilation exam platform. The following documents can be found on the APM website:
- Online examinations: what to expect
- Step-by-step guide to your new candidate experience
- Online invigilation FAQs
- APM rules and regulations for remote invigilated examinations
- User guidance: Taking a remote invigilated examination
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Failure to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may result in the additional support not being offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
Any other assistance
If you require any other assistance to attend your course, please get in contact and we will do everything we can to make your time at QA comfortable. Please contact your account manager, or via one of the options below:
- 0345 757 3888
By attending this course, you will:
- Understand how organisations and projects are structured
- Understand project lifecycles
- Understand the situational context of projects
- Understand communication within project management
- Understand the principles of leadership and teamwork
- Understand planning for success
- Understand project scope management
- Understand schedule and resource optimisation
- Understand project procurement
This course covers provides comprehensive coverage of the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus aligned to the Body of Knowledge 7. The PMQ syllabus for PRINCE2 Practitioners contains:
- 9 learning outcomes (above). The full PMQ syllabus has 11 learning outcomes as 2 of them are covered by PRINCE2 Practitioner you will only be examined on the remaining 9 learning outcomes.
- 47 assessment criteria – the specific topics you are required to know. The full PMQ syllabus has 67 assessment criteria and as 26 of them are covered by PRINCE2 Practitioner you will only be examined on the remaining 47 assessment criteria.
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus showing full topic coverage is available on the APM website.
The way our course is structured is that it follows a lifecycle approach, rather than following the sections in the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus. Our structure enables you to understand how the tools, skills and techniques are applied at each phase of a project.
A full breakdown of subject areas is provided below:
- Projects and project management
- Programme and portfolio management
- Temporary structures (matrix, functional and project)
- Implementing strategy
- Regulatory environment
- Stakeholder engagement
- Investment decisions
- Requirements management
- Scope management
- Resource optimisation
- Cost planning
- Information management
- Knowledge management
- Progress monitoring and reporting
- Configuration management
- Team development
- Conflict management
PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners Examination
You will sit your PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination in the afternoon of day 3. Some details about your PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination:
- 2 hours 10 minutes duration
- Short essay-style questions
- Choose 6 questions from 10
- Each question is worth 50 marks, so 300 marks in total
- Pass mark is 165 (55%)
Your course includes preparation for your examination. This includes undertaking mock examination questions, and answer reviews. Questions will also be set to be completed in the evening, and you can expect to spend approximately 1-2 hours per evening on this additional work. Please ensure you can dedicate time to this evening work.
PRINCE2® certification paths
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.