Professional Risk Management is a key competence for project-based organisations. This event gives project and risk managers the opportunity to gain recognition as an experienced risk practitioner. This two day course prepares candidates for the APM Risk Certificate Level 2 in Risk Management and presents the opportunity to sit the exam. The exam syllabus is primarily based on the APM BoK, the APM PRAM Guide, and BS6079 Parts 1 & 3.
The Association for Project Management (APM) is the UK's leading professional body for Project Managers and as such the APM Risk management Qualification is recognised as a valuable asset for any project or programme manager.
The exam syllabus is primarily based on the APM BoK, the APM PRAM Guide, and BS6079 Parts 1 & 3.
Delegates should ideally have experience of the application of risk management in projects and /or have achieved the APM Risk Certificate Level 1 qualification. This course is suitable for Project and Programme managers who are involved in project risk management and who have a good understanding of project management and a basic understanding of the fundamental concepts of project risk management.
Delegates are provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. The successful interaction on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand the application of the essential principles of project risk management
- apply the principles in a case study scenario
- prepare effectively to sit the APM Risk Certificate Level 2 exam
The course uses project scenarios and case-studies supported by accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of effective project risk management.
The course covers the following syllabus areas:
- Overview of project risk management
- Initiation - Define and Focus
- Risk identification
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Risk planning, assessment and reporting
- Programme and corporate risk management
- Quantitative risk analysis including advanced quantitative risk analysis
- Risk modelling
- Human and cultural dimension in risk management
- Implementation issues
APM Risk Certificate Level 2 Examination
The examination takes place at 13:30 on the second day of the course.
Key exam information:
Duration - 3h:15min (Includes 15 minutes extra time for reading case study)
Section A (100 Marks) - COMPULSORY
- 5 Sub Parts
- Worth 100 Marks
- Broken in Sub-Sections
- Expected to take 1.5 hours to complete
Section B (100 marks) Answer any 2 questions
- Choice of 4 questions
- 2 relate to case study and 2 are generic risk management
- Each question is worth 50 Marks
- Each question expected to take 45 minutes (1.5 hours in total)
Throughout the APM Risk Certificate Level 2, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.