You will learn how to solve a real-world use case with Machine Learning (ML) and produce actionable results using Amazon SageMaker. This course walks through the stages of a typical data science process for Machine Learning from analyzing and visualizing a dataset to preparing the data, and feature engineering. Individuals will also learn practical aspects of model building, training, tuning, and deployment with Amazon SageMaker. Real life use case includes customer retention analysis to inform customer loyalty programs
This course includes presentations, group exercises, and hands-on labs.
This course is intended for:
- Data Scientists
This course is intended for:
- Data Scientists
Delegates will learn how to
In this course, you will:
- Prepare a dataset for training
- Train and evaluate a Machine Learning model
- Automatically tune a Machine Learning model
- Prepare a Machine Learning model for production
- Think critically about Machine Learning model results
Module 1: Introduction to machine learning
- Types of ML
- Job Roles in ML
- Steps in the ML pipeline
Module 2: Introduction to data prep and SageMaker
- Training and test dataset defined
- Introduction to SageMaker
- Demonstration: SageMaker console
- Demonstration: Launching a Jupyter notebook
Module 3: Problem formulation and dataset preparation
- Business challenge: Customer churn
- Review customer churn dataset
Module 4: Data analysis and visualization
- Demonstration: Loading and visualizing your dataset
- Exercise 1: Relating features to target variables
- Exercise 2: Relationships between attributes
- Demonstration: Cleaning the data
Module 5: Training and evaluating a model
- Types of algorithms
- XGBoost and SageMaker
- Demonstration: Training the data
- Exercise 3: Finishing the estimator definition
- Exercise 4: Setting hyper parameters
- Exercise 5: Deploying the model
- Demonstration: hyper parameter tuning with SageMaker
- Demonstration: Evaluating model performance
Module 6: Automatically tune a model
- Automatic hyper parameter tuning with SageMaker
- Exercises 6-9: Tuning jobs
Module 7: Deployment / production readiness
- Deploying a model to an endpoint
- A/B deployment for testing
- Auto Scaling
- Demonstration: Configure and test auto scaling
- Demonstration: Check hyper parameter tuning job
- Demonstration: AWS Auto Scaling
- Exercise 10-11: Set up AWS Auto Scaling
Module 8: Relative cost of errors
- Cost of various error types
- Demo: Binary classification cutoff
Module 9: Amazon SageMaker architecture and features
- Accessing Amazon SageMaker notebooks in a VPC
- Amazon SageMaker batch transforms
- Amazon SageMaker Ground Truth
- Amazon SageMaker Neo
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.