Did you know...?
This course is available with an AWS Jam. AWS Jam is a scenario-based, team-centred event where participants gain practical experience with a wide range of AWS services. AWS Jam scenarios relate to use cases, domains, and services covered in the classroom training course.
To buy this course with the Jam, visit DevOps Engineering on AWS with AWS Jam (AMWSDEJ4D).
DevOps Engineering on AWS demonstrates how to use the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy and maintain applications on AWS. The course covers the core principles of the DevOps methodology and examines a number of use cases applicable to startup, small-medium business, and enterprise development scenarios.
This course is intended for:
- System Administrators
- Software Developers
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended System Operations on AWS course
- Attended Developing on AWS course
- Working knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages (C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of administering Linux or Windows systems at the command-line level
- Working experience with AWS using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI)
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Use the principal concepts and practices behind the DevOps methodology.
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports one or more DevOps development projects.
- Use AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Use AWS CodeCommit and AWS CodeBuild to understand the array of options for enabling a Continuous Integration environment on AWS.
- Use AWS CodePipeline to design and implement a Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline on AWS.
- Use AWS CodeStar to manage all software development activities in one place.
- Implement several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing.
- Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2 Container Service, and Amazon EC2 Container Registry), and decide which technology best fits a given scenario.
- Use Amazon EC2 Systems Manager for patch management.
- Leverage Automated Testing in different stages of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Fine-tune the applications you deliver on AWS for high performance, and use AWS tools and technologies to monitor your application and environment for potential issues.
Module 1: Introduction to DevOps
Module 2: Infrastructure Automation
Module 3: AWS Toolsets
Module 4: Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with Development Tools
Module 5: Introduction to Microservices
Module 6: DevOps and Containers
Module 7: DevOps and Serverless Computing
Module 8: Deployment Strategies
Module 9: Automated Testing
Module 10: Security Automation
Module 11: Configuration Management
Module 12: Observability
Module 13: Reference Architecture
AWS learning paths
Want to boost your career in AWS? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
DevOps learning paths
Want to boost your career in DevOps? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.