The DevOps Foundation certification is an introductory certification that demonstrates your understanding of core DevOps principles and practices, terminology and culture. Successfully passing the DevOps Foundation certification exam is a prerequisite to the more advanced, skill-based certifications accredited by DevOps Institute. Get started with advancing your DevOps career today!
As organizations are facing new entrants in their respective markets, they need to stay competitive and release new and updated products on a regular basis rather than one or two times a year.
The DevOps Foundation course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology to ensure everyone is talking the same language and highlights the benefits of DevOps to support organizational success.
The course includes the latest thinking, principles and practices from the DevOps community including real-world case studies from high performing organizations including ING Bank, Ticketmaster, Capital One, Alaska Air, Target, Fannie Mae, Societe Generale, and Disney that engage and inspire learners, leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises that bring the learning experience to life, including the Three Ways as highlighted in the Phoenix Project by Gene Kim and the latest from the State of DevOps report.
Learners will gain an understanding of DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals.
The course is designed for a broad audience, enabling those on the business side to obtain an understanding of Kubernetes and Containers. Those on the technical side will obtain an understanding as to the business value of DevOps to reduce cost (15-25% overall IT cost reduction) with increased quality (50-70% reduction in change failure rate) and agility (up to 90% reduction in provision and deployment time) to support business objectives in support of digital transformation initiatives.
Unique and exciting exercises will be used to apply the concepts covered in the course and sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques will be provided to use after the class.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Foundation examination.
- Completion of pre course reading material
- Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
- Defining DevOps
- Why Does DevOps Matter?
Core DevOps Principles
- The Three Ways
- The First Way
- The Theory of Constraints
- The Second Way
- The Third Way
- Chaos Engineering
- Learning Organizations
Key DevOps Practices
- Continuous Delivery
- Site Reliability & Resilience Engineering
Business and Technology Frameworks
- Safety Culture
- Learning Organizations
- Continuous Funding
Culture, Behaviors & Operating Models
- Defining Culture
- Behavioral Models
- Organizational maturity models
- Target Operating Models
Automation & Architecting DevOps Toolchains
- DevOps Toolchain
Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting
- The Importance of Metrics
- Technical Metrics
- Business Metrics
- Measuring & Reporting Metrics
Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
- Collaborative Platforms
- Immersive, Experiential Learning
- DevOps Leadership
- Evolving Change
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- DevOps - The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice quest ions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute; exams are delivered through an independent, global examination partner. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
The course fee includes the closed book, Online Proctored exam. Delegates will receive a voucher for this exam which they can sit, at their convenience, post course.
About The DevOps Institute
The DevOps Institute is the continuous learning community around emerging DevOps practices. Working with recognized thought leaders and strategic examination partner PEOPLECERT, the DevOps Institutes is setting the quality standard for DevOps competency based qualifications. For more information about DOI, visit http://www.devopsinstitute.com.