The ITIL Service Operation Certificate Course is one of five lifecycle courses that fit into the intermediate stream for ITIL certification. It is a free-standing qualification but it is also a module contributing to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management,and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a understanding of Service Operation and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of operational activities within the Service Lifecycle
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by candidates spending at least 12 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate courses
Possession of one of the following is mandatory. Proof of prerequisites MUST be produced on the day of the exam to the trainer.
- ITIL v3, 2011 or v4 Foundation.
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam.
For any queries on this please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proof of identification:
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Ful details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
Please ensure you bring a device such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop to be able to load your course material on to as you may need this for use in the evenings.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS.
This certification is aimed at people involved with the management and control of Service Operation and, as such, does not cover process details in great depth. (For that level of information see the ITIL Expert Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate). The Service Operation Course provides information to enable delegates to gain competencies in:
- Service Operations Principles
- Service Operation Processes
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Organising Service Operation: Functions
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
Please be aware, this course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
For Published Best Practice ITIL Glossaries from Axelos please click here.
Related to this course
ITIL® Lifecycle Certificate in Continual Service Improvement
ITIL® Lifecycle Certificate in Service Design
ITIL® Lifecycle Certificate in Service Strategy
ITIL® Lifecycle Certificate in Service Transition
ITIL® 3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management with exam