The ITIL Certificate in Service Strategy (SS) is one of the five modules that fit into the lifecycle stream for ITIL certification.
This certification is intended to enable the holders of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to acquire the skills needed to begin the practical application of the concepts, covered by this video based eLearning course, in support of the Service Management lifecycle.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this timeframe.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a understanding of Service Strategy and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of operational activities within the Service Lifecycle
Possession of one of the following:
- ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge
If taking the exam with QA, proof of prerequisites must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 working days prior to the start of the event. This evidence MUST be reproduced on the day of the exam to the trainer. When submitting evidence to email@example.com, please include your booking reference number which can be found on your Joining Instructions.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam
Delegates whose pre-requisite was taken with BCS simply need to inform QA of this information prior to the exam event. Evidence will not need to be provided on the day of the exam.
Success on the course will be enhanced by candidates spending at least 12 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to taking one of the ITIL Intermediate eLearning courses.
Proof of Identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to the BCS. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy
BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS.
Recommended study time for this course, including any additional reading is approximately 34 hours.
This Video Based product includes a Web Proctored examination.
- A live online proctoring service for test takers taking exams remotely.
- Upon request our QA exam team will email over details of your exam code and instructions on how to book.
- Web Proctored exams require photographic identification at the time of taking your exam, this can be in the form of a passport, driving licence or a work ID, which would need to include your name and a photograph.
Please note: candidates are required to give 72 hours' notice when choosing a date and time to book their exam (if scheduling less than 72 hours in advance a small fee would be incurred)
To test your PC/Laptop specifications are correct, and to read the FAQs, following the link below: