Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
You have already learnt how to create and edit basic plans in Microsoft Project. You will now see how to manage cost effectively and track the progress of plans in Project. You will exchange project plan data with other applications, customise elements and reuse project plan information.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who has the basic skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project, and who needs to use Microsoft Project to manage and customise those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
This course is suitable for anyone using Microsoft Project Standard or Professional, versions 2013, 2016 or 2019. If you’re attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Microsoft Project 2016.
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, XP or newer.
- Knowledge equivalent to, or attendance on, QA's Microsoft Project Introduction course
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
Delegates will learn how to
Delegates will learn how to
- Manage project costs
- Consolidate and reuse project plan information
- Exchange project plan data with other applications
- Update a project plan
- Edit existing and create custom reports
- Customise Project to meet specific requirement
Project Introduction Course – Consolidation
Module 1: Manage Costs in Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Create Different Cost Rates for Resources
- Topic B: Change the Resource Cost on Individual Tasks
- Topic C: Alter Costs Based on Time Periods
- Topic D: Assign Overtime Costs and Work to Resources
Module 2: Working with Multiple Projects
- Topic A: Combining Multiple Projects as a Programme
- Topic B: Creating a Shared Resource Pool
- Topic C: Assigning Resources using a Resource Pool
- Topic D: Using Cost Rate Tables with a Resource Pool
- Topic E: Identifying the Critical Path or Paths in a Programme
Module 3: Import and Export Information
- Topic A: File Formats Supported by Microsoft Project
- Topic B: Mapping Project Information
- Topic C: Exporting Microsoft Project Information
- Topic D: Importing Information into Microsoft Project
Module 4: Tracking Progress and Project Actuals
- Topic A: Moving a Project
- Topic B: Entering Task Progress as Scheduled
- Topic C: Updating and Monitoring Progress using a Status Date
- Topic D: Updating Actuals
- Topic E: Reschedule Incomplete Work
Module 5: Reporting on Projects
- Topic A: Reporting on Progress
- Topic B: Manipulate Built-In Reports
- Topic C: Earned Value Reporting
- Topic D: Work with Multiple Baselines
- Topic E: Distribute Project Data in Other Formats
Module 6: Customising Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Working with the Timeline Feature
- Topic B: Create Custom Fields
- Topic C: Create Custom Filters
- Topic D: Create Custom Tables
- Topic E: Create Custom Views
- Topic F: Create Custom Reports
- Topic G: Create Templates
- Topic H: Using the Organizer
Appendices (covered if relevant and time permits)
- Appendix 1: Calculation Options with Status Date
- Appendix 2: Using Interim Plans