Microsoft 365 provides organisations with a suite of business applications including Outlook Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams. These online solutions are extended through the interface with Microsoft Office.
This 1 day course is designed to assist existing Microsoft Office users to gain an understanding of the potential new ways of working and functionality available in Microsoft 365.
- It is assumed that attendees on this course have some knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook 2007-2019
- In-depth exposure to any of the Office products is not required
- Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via Virtual Classroom or ‘Attend from Anywhere’ delivery method.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have an appreciation of what Microsoft 365 is and the concept of digital transformation
- Explore and navigate around the Microsoft 365 environment
- Gain an introduction to the functionality in Outline Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams
- Be introduced to other M365 apps: Forms, Planner and OneNote
Module 1: New ways of working
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Microsoft 365 Adoption Explained
- What is Digital Transformation?
- Why should Digital Transformation be a priority for your business?
- The key ingredients to successful Digital Transformation
Module 2: Exploring Microsoft 365
- Microsoft 365 Explained
- Microsoft 365 is ‘Evergreen’
- How to access Microsoft 365
- Signing out of Microsoft 365
- The Core Applications
- Navigating around Microsoft 365
- The App Launcher (Waffle)
- My Day
- My Content
Module 3: Popular Microsoft 365 Apps
- Introducing Outlook Online (mail)
- Personal Document Management using OneDrive for Business
- Smart Communication and Collaboration with MS Teams
Module 4: Introducing other Productivity apps
- MS Forms
- MS Planner
- MS OneNote
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.