In this hands-on instructor led course, you will learn about the Google suite of apps to perform everyday work tasks such as email, calendar, tasks, word processing, spreadsheets, as well as learning about the other G Suite tools.
This course is suitable for any individual whose organisation has, or is due to, implement the G Suite apps by Google in the workplace. This course can also be useful for individuals wanting to further their knowledge on the General functionality of Google end user apps.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Experience in web browsing
- Work with windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office applications, or equivalent, are recommended, but not mandatory
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Understand the various Google apps available and what they do
- Log in to the Google apps domain and navigate your way around
- Understand and use the Gmail app to communicate with colleagues efficiently
- Communicate with colleagues using Google Hangouts
- Use Google Calendar to keep track of schedules
- Use Google contacts to store contacts and create address groups
- Create and share documents using Google drive
- Work with the Google docs and sheets apps
- Understand and use the Google keep app
- Learn about additional apps and add-ons available to you
Module 1 - Introduction to the G Suite tools
- Topic A - What are the G Suite tools?
- Topic B - “The Cloud”
- Topic C - Introducing Google Chrome
- Topic D - Logging in to your G Suite tools
Module 2 - Communicating using the Gmail app
- Topic A - Introduction to Gmail
- Topic B - Composing emails
- Topic C - Common email tasks
- Topic D - Inbox views
- Topic E - Working with labels
- Topic F - Stars and Importance
- Topic G - Searching and Filters
- Topic H - Gmail settings
Module 3 - Google Calendar and Contacts
- Topic A - The Google Calendar
- Topic B - Contacts
Module 4 - Google Chat / Meet
- Topic A - Using Hangouts within Gmail
- Topic B - The Google Chat app
- Topic C - The Google Meet app
Module 5 - Google Keep
- Topic A - An introduction to Google Keep
- Topic B - Adding notes
- Topic C - Managing notes
Module 6 - Google Drive and productivity apps
- Topic A - Introducing Google Drive
- Topic B - The browser app
- Topic C - The Google Drive app
- Topic D - Introducing Google Docs
- Topic E - Introducing Google Sheets
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.