In this hands-on instructor led course, you will learn about the Google Sheets app to an intermediate level.
Following the course, delegates will be confident in analysing their data in Google Sheets using various formulas, functions and database analysis tools.
- This course is aimed at end users who have taken the following course or have equivalent knowledge: Google Sheets Essentials
- This course is suitable for users of Google Workspace. If you're attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Google Chrome.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Experience in web browsing
- Work with windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
- Have attended the Google Sheets Introduction course (QAGSINT) or have equivalent knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Google drive and Google apps or equivalent knowledge is necessary
- Have attended the Google Workspace - Cloud Essentials course or have equivalent knowledge
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Use named ranges to streamline their spreadsheets
- Understand and use some date and time functions
- Use text functions to clean up a spreadsheet
- Use the Logical IF function
- Utilise the VLOOKUP function to compare data
- Use filtering options to analyse lists
- Work with Charts to present data visually
- Analyse large amounts of data using Pivot Tables
Module 1: Working with Advanced Functions
- Working with Range Names
- Mixed References
- Using Specialised Functions
Module 2: Database Management
- Filter Views
- Grouping Rows and Columns
- Database Functions
Module 3: Working with Charts
- Creating Charts
- Editing and Formatting
- Exploring Chart Types
Module 4: Working with Pivot Tables
- Why Use a Pivot Table?
- How to Create a Pivot Table
- Adding a Date Field
- Filter and Drill
- Adding a Calculated Field
Module 5: Templates
- Working with Google Templates
- Creating a Hyperlink
- Notes and Comments
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.