QA Total Learning™ is our newest and most effective way to learn.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world-class industry experts, we focus on making sure you can apply your learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. What's more, our digital platform gives you the tools to track your progress and manage your own learning.
This course is for existing and aspiring project managers looking to develop their skills and knowledge and earn an industry best practice qualification in Agile project management.
PRINCE2 Agile is the world’s most complete project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of Agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2. The new best practice guidance shows how this compatibility can be exploited by organisations harnessing both PRINCE2 and Agile, equipping them with the required skills and processes to successfully deliver projects to meet customer requirements in today’s fast-paced and rapidly changing business environments.
Learners may be preparing to transition from a project support role, or a non-project-focused role into a project management position. Alternatively, they could be experienced project managers looking to prove their skills, gain deeper understanding of Agile practices and enhance their project credentials by gaining the PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation and Practitioner certifications.
In this Total Learning course, learners will benefit from both digital and live learning, which provides the best possible preparation to pass the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation and Practitioner examinations. This includes the official PRINCE2 Agile Manual, plus a Digital stage designed around the PRINCE2 Agile syllabus, including sample exam questions, quizzes, and a combination of video and written content.
The 3-day virtual Live event focuses on deepening learners’ understanding of the key topics and includes feedback sessions on exam technique, with a specific focus on PRINCE2 Agile exam question style. Day 1 of the Live event will focus on the Foundation content and conclude with the Foundation exam. Days 2 and 3 will delve deeper into the Practitioner-level content and exam techniques to enable learners to confidently progress on to the Practitioner exam.
This course is accredited by PeopleCert and includes the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
For certified courses, we offer an Exam Pass Pledge. We’re confident in our training and, in the unlikely event that our learners don’t pass on their first attempt, we’ll arrange a free exam resit. Terms and conditions apply.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but learners would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to
- understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2.
- understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2 Agile.
- understand how PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes, and management products are tailored and/or applied in an agile context.
- understand the agile ways of working, key terms and techniques.
- understand the focus areas in an Agile context.
- understand the basic concepts of common Agile ways of working.
- understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the Agile way of working.
- be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an Agile context.
- be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an Agile context.
- be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes, and management products to a project in an Agile context.
This Total Learning course consists of three stages:
- Digital stage – up to 20 hours, completed over a minimum of 4 weeks
- Live event – 3 days (1-hour Foundation exam recommended to be booked after day 1 of the Live event)
- Exam – 2 hour 30 minute Practitioner exam
The Digital Learning is valid for 3 months from the date of the kick off session
During the digital stage, learners will work through online content exploring the PRINCE2 Agile syllabus through a series of modules.
The Foundation-focused Digital modules include:
- Introduction to PRINCE2 Agile
- What is PRINCE2?
- What is Agile?
- What is PRINCE2 Agile?
- The PRINCE2 principles and behaviours
- The Five Targets
- Focus areas
- Exam practice
The Practitioner-focused Digital modules include:
- PRINCE2 Agile recap
- Principles and behaviours
- The Five Targets
- Agile methods
- Areas of particular focus
- Exam practice
During the 3-day virtual Live event, learners will work individually and in teams to consolidate the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner theory through practical, exam-focused activities. The facilitator will use Miro to create a digital workspace environment, enabling a collaborative and interactive learning experience.
- Live Day 1: (Foundation focus)
- Application of principles
- Purpose of themes
- Purpose of processes
- Roles and responsibilities
- Fix and flex
- User stories
- Exam practice and preparation
- Live Day 2: (Practitioner focus)
- Scenario exploration
- Practical activities exploring the application of PRINCE2 Agile
- Ongoing exam practice
- Session close
- Live Day 3: (Practitioner focus)
- Practical activities exploring the application of PRINCE2 Agile (continued)
- Ongoing exam practice
- Exam preparation and next steps
After the Live event, learners will progress on to the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
Note: We recommend that learners pre-book their Foundation exams from 5:00pm after Day 1 of the Live event.
Learners can select a suitable timeslot for their Practitioner exams following the 3-day Live event. We know that some learners prefer to schedule this soon after the event itself, whereas others prefer a short break to revise the content. Booking via PeopleCert will give the learner the choice.
Both exams take place remotely via PeopleCert Online Proctoring. Learners will be required to download and install ExamShield and conduct a compatibility test prior to sitting the exam.
About the Foundation exam:
- 60-minute exam
- 50 questions
- Closed book
- Multiple-choice questions
- 55% pass mark
About the Practitioner exam:
- 2 hour 30 minute exam
- 50 questions
- Open book
- Candidates may use the official printed hard copy of the PRINCE2 Agile® Guidance.
- The manual may be annotated and tabulated, but no sticky notes or loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
- Due to the impact of the coronavirus, from 13th April 2020 to 31st December 2021, individuals are now permitted to print PDFs for exams and use PDFs or official e-books on a second e-device (portable digital devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops) during open book exams.
- Multiple-choice questions
- 60% pass mark
- Candidates are expected to achieve a score of 60% (30 marks) or higher in order to pass the examination and be awarded certification.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.