This five-day course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 Agile® guidance. During the course we introduce the PRINCE2 methodology and concepts of common agile ways of working, discuss the purpose and context for blending PRINCE2 and the agile way of working, evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context, fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context, and be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 for a project in an agile context.
All relevant course materials are provided, including the official publication PRINCE2 Agile.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but learners would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
Reasonable adjustments policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details and how to apply can be found here: www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
PRINCE2 Agile is suitable for anyone who delivers projects, large or small, in an agile context. It is a valuable training and certification scheme for anyone working within an agile project environment, whether they're a project manager, project support or part of the wider project team.
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation and Practitioner is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment, including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts detailed in PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with programme and project support functions.
It is a must-have certification for both project managers and non-project management professionals to deliver value to their employers and enhance their careers.
- Understand the concepts of common agile ways of working.
- Understand the purpose and context for combing PRINCE2 and the agile way of working.
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context.
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context.
- Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 themes, processes and management products for a project in an agile context.
- To prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation and Practitioner exams.
The PRINCE2 Agile foundation and practitioner course uses a combination of theory, discussion and practical exercises to ensure delegates feel confident in the application of the concepts. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately 2.5 hours on these activities.
The course will cover the following learning outcomes:
Understand common agile ways of working
- Explain the differences between projects and BAU (Business as Usual)
- Describe agile and its common approaches, how and why agile approaches have developed and where they are used
- Describe the history of agile, its contrast to the waterfall way of working and how the agile manifesto fits in
- Describe the different levels of agile maturity and well-known agile frameworks
- Describe behaviours, concepts and techniques that characterise agile
- Define the PRINCE2 Agile view of 'agile'
- Describe Kanban, the Kanban method and its six general practices, including the use of Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFDs)
- Describe the core concepts of Lean start-up
- Describe the use of workshops
- Describe how to transition to agile
- Define Scrum theory and explain the nature of the Scrum team, Scrum events, Scrum artefacts and Sprints
Understand the purpose and context for blending PRINCE2 and the agile ways of working
- Describe the complementary strengths of PRINCE2 and the agile ways of working
- Define who can benefit from using PRINCE2 Agile and in what contexts/situation
- Define the make-up of PRINCE2 Agile (frameworks, behaviours, concepts, techniques, focus areas)
- Explain the eight 'guidance points'
- Explain how PRINCE2 controls and governance can enable agile to be used in many environments
- Describe what a typical PRINCE2 'project journey' looks like in an agile context
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
Be able to tailor PRINCE2 for a project in an agile context
- Describe in detail the 5 PRINCE2 Agile behaviours (Transparency, Collaboration, Rich Communication, Self-Organization, Exploration)
- Explain that agile needs to be incorporated in all seven PRINCE2 processes and all seven themes but at the amount appropriate to each will vary depending on the project context
- Explain how to adjust roles, including the use of specialist roles, and the options for team organization in a project
- Describe common feedback loops and their importance
- Describe progress monitoring techniques including use of Work in Progress boards, burn charts, information radiators
- Describe in detail agile techniques that may apply to each PRINCE2 process including Cynefin
- Describe the use of retrospectives and how to make them effective
- Give guidance on behaviours, risks and the frequency of releases
- Describe how to tailor PRINCE2 products, including Work Packages, Highlight Reports and Checkpoint Reports
- Describe in detail agile techniques that may apply to each PRINCE2 theme including requirements, defining value and user stories
- Describe guidance on the use of contracts
- Describe PRINCE2 Agile delivery roles
PRINCE2 Agile Examination - key information
- Objective testing
- One-hour multiple-choice paper
- 50 questions with a pass mark of 56%
- Closed book exam
- 2.5 hour exam
- Open book (PRINCE2 Agile book only)
- Objective Testing Exam
- 50 questions totalling 50 marks (1 mark per question)
- Pass mark is 60% (30 correct answers)
Throughout the PRINCE2 Agile course, you will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that you are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
PRINCE2 Agile® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
PRINCE2® certification paths
New: AXELOS ProPath learning paths
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.