In order to facilitate your AWS e-courseware and lab provision QA will need to share some of your data. For more information please view our QA Partner Data Sharing Statement. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Migrating to AWS focuses on planning and migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. The course covers various cloud migration strategies with a detailed discussion on each phase of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, migration execution, and post-migration validation and application optimization. The first part of the course provides students with an overview of migration planning principles and best practices, and the second half of the class focuses on migration design and implementation with hands-on labs to reinforce concepts. This course is designed for solutions architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have an understanding of core AWS services and design patterns covered in Architecting on AWS, and is also available to IT project managers involved in the planning of those migrations who have completed AWS Technical Essentials.
This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- IT Project Managers who are involved in projects related to migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Individuals who are part of an organization's cloud Center of Excellence (CoE)
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
- Hands-on Labs
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- For IT professionals: Courses taken: Architecting on AWS
- For IT project managers: Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Explain the various cloud migration strategies.
- Assess cloud migration readiness.
- Discover your portfolio and plan for migration.
- Plan and design your application migration strategy.
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud.
- Optimize your applications and operations after migrating to the cloud.
This course covers the following concepts:
- Migrating to AWS – An Overview
- Discovery, Analysis and Planning
- Application Migration Planning and Design
- Application Migration and Validation
- Optimizing Applications and Operating in the AWS Cloud