- Ideal for user with no prior SharePoint experience or knowledge.
- A good understanding of Windows 7, 8 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 10, 11 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with relational databases, web design and/or programming (such as VBA) are useful but not essential.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, such as Log in and navigation around the service.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel.
- Understand, plan and deploy a SharePoint Site solution for business needs.
- Manage your team with groups and permissions.
- Create Custom Lists and Libraries with special content types for learning and support.
- Customise Library and List settings to reflect course project requirements.
- Edit web pages to keep your team informed of the project progress.
- Introduction to SharePoint
- SharePoint information structure
- Site Types
- Connect to SharePoint Online
- The SharePoint environment
- SharePoint live updates
- Connect Office and Office 365
- Credential manager
- First steps of planning
- Site structure
- Site roles
- Site types
- SharePoint object naming
- Initial site settings
- What is an app?
- Effective app management
- Add an app
- The list interface
- The app settings page
- Add and edit items in a list
- Item details pane and item menu
- Delete and restore an item
- Lists App
- Choose the experience
- Manage list items
- Introduction to library apps
- The library interface
- Add documents
- Document details pane and item menu
- Check a document out/in
- Document version control
- Live co-authoring
- Module review
- Introduction to metadata
- Column types and properties
- Windows Explorer and mapping metadata
- Hyperlink or picture column
- Lookup column
- Calculated column
- Managed metadata and the term store
- Metadata integrity
- Column indexing
- App vs. site columns
- Content types
- Document sets
- Introduction to views
- Manage views
- Temporary views
- Public and personal views
- Social Connection
- Search and offline availability
- Introduction to site security
- Site security elements
- Permission level structure
- Permission planning
- Manage permission levels
- Create and manage SharePoint Groups
- Manage Users
- Permission inheritance
- Quick Share
- Permission Tips
- Navigation consistency
- Quick Launch
- Top link bar
- Links List
- Page types
- Site pages
- Add text to a site page
- Insert hyperlinks into text
- Insert an image
- Embed media
- Publish a site page
- News posts
- Introduction to web parts
- App previews
- Hero web part
- Microsoft 365 web parts
- Audience targeting
- Web part pages and web part connections
- Principals of Office with SharePoint
- Connect to Outlook
- Connect to Excel
- SharePoint reports
- Usage and popularity reports
- Inventory reports
- Audit log
- Site templates
- App templates
- Content organiser
- Add library metadata to a document content type
- Date and time
Appendix 3: Column types and limitations
Appendix 4: SharePoint boundaries, thresholds and limits
- Web applications and site collections
- Why use Workflows?
- What is Power Automate?
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.