This course applies to the following platforms: SharePoint Online.
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required to fulfill the role of a Power User, Super-User, or within an IT Support role to support end users. This course gives you the insight and experience beyond a Site Owner or Site Collection Administrator role. You will create, customise and manage SharePoint online sites and workspaces in response to the differing needs of your site members and visitors, and according to the infrastructure of the business.
You will identify the roles and expectations of your team or organisation and create site solutions by defining permissions, structure, content and policy. You will see how to gather information about the site's usage as a means to maintain the site and identify where improvements can be made.
Please note: This five-day masterclass covers topics from our SharePoint Online Essentials, Intermediate and Team Site Management courses.
- Ideal for user with no prior SharePoint experience or knowledge.
- A good understanding of Windows 7, 8 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 10, 11 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with relational databases, web design and/or programming (such as VBA) are useful but not essential.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, such as Log in and navigation around the service.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Understand, plan and deploy a SharePoint Site solution for business needs.
- Manage your team with groups and permissions.
- Create Custom Lists and Libraries with special content types for learning and support.
- Customise Library and List settings to reflect course project requirements.
- Edit web pages to keep your team informed of the project progress.
Module 1: Understanding SharePoint
- Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Governance and the Information Worker
- SharePoint Information Structure
- Connect to Office 365
- Connect Microsoft Outlook to Office 365
- Connect Microsoft Office to Office 365
- Credential Manager
- The SharePoint Environment
- SharePoint Live Updates
Module 2: Site Architecture Model
- First Steps of Planning
- Information Hierarchy and Site Structure
- Roles Within Team Site Management
- Types of End Users
- Site Types
- SharePoint Object Naming
- Creating SharePoint Objects
- Site Solutions
Module 3: SharePoint Apps
- What is a SharePoint App?
- SharePoint List Apps
- The List App Interface
- Identify your Site Content
- Effective Management of Apps
- Choose the Experience
- App Settings to consider
- Manage List Items
- The Site Recycle Bin
Module 4: SharePoint Library Apps
- Working with SharePoint Library Apps
- The Library App Interface
- Working with Documents
- Document Item Menu
Module 5: Manage Built-in Apps
- Picture Libraries
- Surveys using Microsoft Forms
- Custom lists from Excel tables using Microsoft List
- Custom lists from scratch
Module 6: Metadata and Columns
- Define your Metadata
- Column Types and Sizes
- Systems and Site Metadata
- Format including conditional formatting columns
- Hyperlink / Picture Columns
- Lookup Columns
- Calculated Columns
- Managed Metadata Columns
- Metadata Integrity
Module 7 - Working with views
- Understanding views
- Managing views
- Use styles in views
Module 8: Users, Groups and Permissions
- Understand permissions
- Security elements
- Permission planning process
- Create and manage permission levels
- Create and manage SharePoint Groups
- Create and manage users in a group
- Permission inheritance
- Quick Share
- Permission Tips
Module 9: Managing Site Content
- Managing Site Columns
- Apply Site Columns to Apps
- Index Columns
- Taxonomy and Terms
- Understand and Create Site Content Types
- Understand and Create Document Sets
Module 10: Discover Information
- Social Connection
- Manage Your Personal Site
Module 11: Site Search and Navigation
- Team Site Navigation
- Top Link Bar
- Quick Launch Pane
- Direct Link Editing
- Links List
- Promoted Links
- Metadata Navigation and Filtering
- Site Search
- Publishing Site Navigation
Module 12: Web Page Editing
- Site Web Page Structure
- Web Page Content Types
- Site Pages
- Wiki Pages
- Formatting Wiki Pages
- Adding Pictures
- Adding Web Media
- Adding Hyperlinks
- Hyperlink to an Email Address
- Adding Web Parts
- Web Part Connections
- Additional Web Parts
- View and Form Pages
- Audience Targeting
Module 13: Report and Reuse Content
- SharePoint reports
- Inventory reports
- Usage reports
- Search reports
- Audit log reports
- Reporting using PowerBI
Automating business processes
- Understanding Workflows
- What is Power Automate and how it can be used?
- Create a flow that approves an item
- Create a flow that sends you notifications
- Create a flow that your team can use.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.