The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required as an end-user of Microsoft SharePoint to understand and use SharePoint in Office 365/Microsoft 365.
The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover and understand:
- What SharePoint is and how it fits into Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365
- Key benefits of SharePoint
- What is a SharePoint Site and what is the difference between a Team Site and Communication Site
- SharePoint Document Libraries and Microsoft Lists
- SharePoint Document features including versioning, metadata and co-authoring
- SharePoint Pages, News, Events, Spaces
- Extended SharePoint functionality via apps
- SharePoint permissions and sharing with people inside and outside the organisation
- Microsoft Search to discover information within SharePoint and across Microsoft 365
This course is designed for users who are new to, or have basic skills with, SharePoint and want to understand SharePoint and be able to use SharePoint.
If you want to learn Site Administration to create, configure and manage sites you should look at the Mastering SharePoint Site Administration - QASPOSA course.
- A basic understanding of Windows 10 or higher.
- Experience using Microsoft Edge or equivalent browser.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365/Microsoft 365 is recommended, including logging in and navigating around Office 365/Microsoft 365.
- A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Dual monitor setup is required when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere or Virtual Classroom delivery methods.
Before you book, check that you meet the Cisco WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings and ensure that you have passed all pre-course tests. If you have any questions, contact our Virtual team. Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
- Understand SharePoint and how SharePoint can help you, your team and your organisation in a collaborative working environment
- Understand SharePoint and relationships to other Office 365/Microsoft 365 products including Microsoft Teams
- Understand Sites and differences between Communication and Team sites
- Understand Site components including:
- Work with documents inside SharePoint including metadata and co-authoring
- SharePoint sharing inside and outside the organisation
- Search and discovery of content within SharePoint and Office 365
- SharePoint site settings and next steps
Please note that due to the dynamic nature of Office 365/Microsoft 365 some content may change without notice
Module 1: What is SharePoint?
- Understanding Office 365 – Optional
- Office 365 vs Microsoft 365
- SharePoint Start Page
- SharePoint Myths and Misunderstandings
- Isn’t SharePoint just a part of Microsoft Teams?
- Key Benefits of SharePoint
- SharePoint – continual updates
Module 2: Understanding SharePoint Sites
- SharePoint Sites Overview
- SharePoint Site Branding
- Understanding SharePoint Site Types
- SharePoint Team Sites
- Understanding Microsoft 365 Groups
- SharePoint Communication Sites
Module 3: Understanding SharePoint Site Components
- Understanding SharePoint Pages
- Understanding Site Navigation
- Understanding SharePoint Spaces
- Understanding SharePoint Site Contents
- Understanding Site Functionality
Module 4: SharePoint Security – Because Sharing is Caring
- Sharing Communication Sites
- Sharing Team Sites
- Sharing Folders and Files
Module 5: Where’s my Stuff? Finding Things in SharePoint
- Microsoft Search Predictive Results
- Search Results Page Features
- Bing Integration
- Advanced Searches – KQL
Module 6: SharePoint Site Settings
SharePoint Online learning paths
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.