In this course, you'll learn the key new features of Office 2016 within Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This course is intended for existing Office 2007 or 2010 Users.
- Before attending this course, delegates should be existing Microsoft Office users.
- Delegates should be able to use a keyboard and mouse and be able to navigate the Windows operating system including using Windows Explorer.
- A relatively experienced Microsoft Office end user who has used Office 2007 or 2010 with basic knowledge of the core applications, and needs to know the key new features of Office 2016.
- Explore the general environment of Office 2016
- Use the key new features of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 2016
Lesson 1: Overview of Microsoft Office 2016 New Features
- General Environment
- New Office Themes
- Office Backstage View
- File Formats
- New File Locations
- Document Inspector
- Search Box (Tell me what to do)
- Automatic Image Rotation
- Pan and Zoom
- Smart Lookup
- Quick Shape Formatting
- Start Inking
Lesson 2: Overview of Microsoft Word 2016 New Features
- New Templates
- Expand and Collapse Paragraphs
- Object Zoom
- Working with Tables
- Live Layout
- Online Pictures / Videos
- PDF Reflow
- Improved Reference Tools (Proofing)
- Improved Review Tools (Track Changes)
- Read Mode and Resume Reading
- Views and Zooming
- Paste Options
- Improved Formatting Tools (Themes)
- Search and Navigation
- Quick Parts
- New Illustration Tools (SmartArt Graphics)
Lesson 3: Overview of Microsoft Excel 2016 New Features
- Getting Started Quickly
- Excel File Types
- New Excel Functions
- Page Layout View
- New Chart Types and Recommended Charts
- Flash Fill Data
- Quick Data Analysis
- Forecast Sheet
- Pivot Tables Enhancements and Recommended Pivot Tables
- 3D Maps (Power Maps)
- Power Tools (Overview Only - Power Pivot, View and Query)
Lesson 4: Overview of Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 New Features
- Viewing Presentations
- New Views
- Eyedropper Tool
- Merge Shapes
- Custom Slide Layouts
- Slide Sections
- Themes and Variants
- Smart Guides
- Online Content
- Convert Bullets to SmartArt Graphics
- Embedding and Editing Video
- Enhanced Animations and Transitions
- Object Zoom
- Screen Recording
Lesson 5: Overview of Microsoft Outlook 2016 New Features
- The Ribbon
- Navigation, To-Do Bar
- Instant Search
- Mail Icons, Inline Reply and Message Notification Window
- Attachment Reminder
- Instant Inbox Filters
- Quick Steps
- Conversation View
- Folder Tab and Pane
- People Cards and Pane
- Enhanced Views
- Weather Bar
- Meeting Recommendations
- Colour Categories
- Email the Calendar
- Automatic Replies (Out of Office)
- Tasks View in Calendar
- Overlay Calendars
- Outlook Email Attachments
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.