In this course, you'll learn the key new features of Microsoft’s latest on-premises office productivity suite – Microsoft Office 2019. You’ll cover general features and also look at specifics for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This course is intended for existing Office 2010 Users.
Please note that if you attend a course and do not meet these you may be asked to leave.
- Before attending this course, delegates should be existing Microsoft Office users.
- Delegates should be able to use a keyboard and mouse and be able to navigate the Windows operating system including using Windows Explorer.
- A relatively experienced Microsoft Office end user who has used Office 2010 with basic knowledge of the core applications, and needs to know the key new features of Office 2019.
- Explore the general environment of Office 2019
- Use the key new features of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 2019
Module 1 - Overview of Microsoft Office 2019 New Features
- Office 2019 and ‘The Cloud’
- Improved Translation Tool
- Apps for Office
- Shared Meetings
- More Choices for Getting Started
- Easier File Sharing
- New Office Themes
- Search Box
- New File Location (This PC)
- Automatic Image Rotation
- Pan and Zoom
- Smart Lookup
- Quick Shape Formatting
- New Improved Inking Tools
- Use LaTeX Syntax in your Equations
- Add Icons and SVGs
- View a Page at a Time, Side by Side
Module 2 - Overview of Microsoft Word 2019 New Features
- New Templates
- Expand/Collapse Paragraphs
- Object Zoom
- Working with Tables
- Live Layout
- Inserting Pictures and Video from the Internet
- Smart Lookup Command
- PDF Reflow
- Improved Sharing
- Improved Commenting and Track Changes
- Improve your Reading Experience
Module 3 - Overview of Microsoft Excel 2019 New Features
- Increased Capacity
- Get Started Quickly
- No Warnings when Saving a CSV File
- New Excel Functions
- Flash Fill Data
- Precision Selecting
- New and Improved PivotTable Functionality
- Smart Rename
- Multi-select Slicer
- Quick Analysis Tools
- Forecast Sheet
- New Chart Types
- Fine Tune and Animate Charts
Module 4 - Overview of Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 New Features
- Wide Screen Support
- Reading and Presenter View
- Eyedropper Tool
- Merge Shapes
- Enhanced Visuals
- Custom Slide Layouts
- The Optional Draw Tab
- Straightedge for Touch Screen
- New Charts
- New Morph Transition Effect
- Easier Background Removal
- Export to 4K
- Recording Features
- Online Content
- Smart Guides
- Embedding Video
- Present Online
- Export as Video
- Screen Recording
Module 5 - Overview of Microsoft Outlook 2019 New Features
- Focused Inbox
- View Three Time Zones
- Folder Pane
- Create New Message
- Listen to your Emails
- Mark Emails as Read when Deleting
- Never Miss a Reminder
- Inline Reply
- Message Notification Window
- Attachment Reminder
- Instant Inbox Filters
- Quick Steps
- Conversation View
- Folder Tab
- People Cards and People Pane
- Enhanced Views
- Weather Bar
- Meeting Recommendations
- Colour Categories
- Tasks Area
- Out of Office (Automatic Replies)
- Email Attachments
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.