This course will familiarize you with Google Cloud's flexible infrastructure and platform services, with a specific focus on Compute Engine. This session uses a combination of lectures, demos, and hands-on labs to explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components like networks, systems, and application services. You'll also learn how to deploy practical solutions such as secure interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
- Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure, with a focus on Compute Engine.
- Have completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or have equivalent experience.
- Have basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments.
- Have systems operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
- Configure VPC networks and virtual machines
- Administer Identity and Access Management for resources
- Implement data storage services in GCP
- Manage and examine billing of GCP resources
- Monitor resources using Stackdriver services
- Connect your infrastructure to GCP
- Configure load balancers and autoscaling for VM instances
- Automate the deployment of GCP infrastructure services
- Leverage managed services in GCP
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud
- List the different ways of interacting with Google Cloud.
- Use the Cloud Console and Cloud Shell.
- Create Cloud Storage buckets.
- Use the Google Cloud Marketplace to deploy solutions.
Module 2: Virtual Networks
- List the VPC objects in Google Cloud.
- Differentiate between the different types of VPC networks.
- Implement VPC networks and firewall rules.
- Implement Private Google Access and Cloud NAT.
Module 3: Virtual Machines
- Recall the CPU and memory options for virtual machines.
- Describe the disk options for virtual machines.
- Explain VM pricing and discounts.
- Use Compute Engine to create and customize VM instances.
Module 4: CloudIAM
- Describe the Cloud IAM resource hierarchy.
- Explain the different types of IAM roles.
- Recall the different types of IAM members.
- Implement access control for resources using Cloud IAM.
Module 5: Storage and Database Services
- Differentiate between Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Firestore and Cloud Bigtable.
- Choose a data storage service based on your requirements.
- Implement data storage services.
Module 6: Resource Management
- Describe the cloud resource manager hierarchy.
- Recognize how quotas protect Google Cloud customers.
- Use labels to organize resources.
- Explain the behavior of budget alerts in Google Cloud.
- Examine billing data with BigQuery.
Module 7: Resource Monitoring
- Describe the services for monitoring, logging, error reporting, tracing, and debugging.
- Create charts, alerts, and uptime checks for resources with Cloud Monitoring.
- Use Cloud Debugger to identify and fix errors.
Module 8: Interconnecting Networks
- Recall the Google Cloud interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to Google Cloud.
- Determine which Google Cloud interconnect or peering service to use in specific circumstances.
- Create and configure VPN gateways.
- Recall when to use Shared VPC and when to use VPC Network Peering.
Module 9: Load Balancing and Autoscaling
- Recall the various load balancing services.
- Determine which Google Cloud load balancer to use in specific circumstances.
- Describe autoscaling behavior.
- Configure load balancers and autoscaling.
Module 10: Infrastructure Modernization
- Automate the deployment of Google Cloud services using Deployment Manager or Terraform.
- Outline the Google Cloud Marketplace.
Module 11: Managed Services
- Describe the managed services for data processing in Google Cloud.
Google Cloud learning paths
Want to boost your career in Google Cloud? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.