This three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and applications services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans.
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions.
- Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies.
- Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications.
- Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions.
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns -- methods, technologies, and designs that are used to implement security, scalability, high availability, and other desired qualities.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure
- Using GCP
- Lab: Console and Cloud Shell
- Demo: Projects
- Lab: Infrastructure Preview
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules
- Subnetworks for resource management instead of physical network topology
- Lab: Virtual Networking
- Lab: Bastion Host
- Compute Engine
- Lab: Creating Virtual Machines
- Compute options (vCPU and Memory)
- Common Compute Engine actions
- Lab: Working with Virtual Machines
- Organizations, Roles, Members, Service accounts, Cloud IAM best practices
- Lab: Cloud IAM
- Cloud Storage
- Lab: Cloud Storage
- Cloud SQL
- Lab: Cloud SQL
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore
- Lab: Cloud Datastore
- Cloud Bigtable
- Cloud Resource Manager, Quotas, Labels, Names, Billing
- Demo: Billing Administration
- Lab: Examining Billing Data with BigQuery
- Stackdriver, Monitoring
- Lab: Resource Monitoring (Stackdriver)
- Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, Debugging
- Lab: Error Reporting and Debugging (Stackdriver)
- Cloud Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Lab: Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Cloud Router, Cloud Interconnect, External Peering, Cloud DNS
- Managed Instance Groups, HTTPS load balancing, Cross-region and content-based load balancing, SSL proxy/TCP proxy load balancing, Network load balancing
- Lab: VM Automation and Load Balancing
- Autoscaling, Policies, Configuration
- Lab: Autoscaling
- Infrastructure automation, Images, Metadata, Scripts, Google Cloud API
- Lab: Google Cloud Platform API Infrastructure Automation
- Deployment Manager, Configuration, Cloud Launcher
- Lab: Deployment Manager
- Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud Datalab
GCP Learning Paths
Want to boost your career in GCP? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.