Emotional intelligence is the key to success, proven by a ground breaking research study; people with high emotional intelligence are able to navigate the world of work with an optimistic approach, they are more able to handle setbacks, they enable strong business relationships and are able to solve conflict more easily.
People often ask us:
- How do I keep control of my emotions at work?
- How can I choose to respond to challenging situations in a calm and controlled way?
- How do I recognise emotional cues in other people?
With evidence showing that many employers now assess emotional intelligence as a standard recruitment practice, it is clear that working with emotional intelligence is a necessary business skill. The great news is that emotional intelligence is not fixed and more people than ever before are now recognising this and actively seeking to learn and develop their emotional intelligence.
This thought provoking and practical workshop will encourage you to review your own emotional intelligence and give you some strategies to work with emotional intelligence
This course is aimed at those who are new to emotional intelligence. You will learn what emotional intelligence is, why it works and how to use it to develop yourself as well as improve business relationships.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this workshop.
- Review your emotional intelligence competencies
- State what drives your emotions and how they impact you
- Recognise your emotional cues
- Explain how the brain processes emotion
- Prevent emotions from hijacking your relationships
- Recognise emotional cues in others
- Practice empathy when responding to others
What will the course cover?
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Knowing me knowing you
- How we communicate and your thinking process
- Communication filters
- Tuning into your emotions
- Can you feel it?
- Managing challenging emotions
- The power of empathy
- Emotional Intelligence in practice
- Peer coaching and action planning