In this three-day course, you learn how to apply the fundamental techniques for launching and maintaining an intelligence-driven, multi-platform endpoint management solution with VMware Workspace ONE®. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you will configure and manage the endpoint life cycle. After the three days, you will have the foundational knowledge for effectively implementing VMware Workspace ONE® UEM.
This course has no prerequisites.
Delegates will learn how to
• Explain the general features and functionality enabled with Workspace ONE UEM
• Summarize essential Workspace ONE administrative functions
• Summarize and implement common Workspace ONE integrations
• Explain the integration of Workspace ONE UEM with directory services
• Explain and deploy Workspace ONE edge services
• Onboard device endpoints into Workspace ONE UEM
• Securely deploy configurations to UEM managed devices
• Maintain environment and device fleet health
• Deploy applications to UEM managed devices
• Analyze a Workspace ONE UEM deployment
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Platform Architecture
• Summarize the features and functionality of Workspace ONE UEM
• Outline the benefits of leveraging Workspace ONE UEM
• Recognize the core and productivity components that make up the Workspace ONE UEM platform
• Explain the features and functions of Workspace ONE Hub Services
• Summarize hierarchical management structure
• Navigate and customize the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Outline account options and permissions
4 Enterprise Integrations
• Outline the process and needs to integrate with directory services
• Explain certificate authentication and practical implementation with Workspace ONE
• Explain the benefits of integrating an email SMTP service into the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Outline the prerequisite configurations in the Workspace ONE UEM environment for onboarding devices
• Outline the steps for setting up autodiscovery in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Enroll an endpoint via the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app
• Summarize platform onboarding options
6 Managing Endpoints
• Explain the differences between device and user profiles
• Describe policy management options for Windows 10 and macOS
7 Alternative Management Methods
• Describe the function and benefits of device staging
• Configure product provisioning in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Understand the benefits of deploying a Workspace ONE Launcher configuration to Android devices
• Describe the features, benefits, and capabilities of application management in Workspace ONE UEM
• Understand and configure deployment settings for public, internal, and paid applications in the Workspace
ONE UEM console
• Describe the benefits of using Apple Business Manager Content integration
• Describe the benefits of using server-to-client software distribution
• List the functions and benefits of the Workspace ONE Software Development Kit (SDK)
9 Device Email
• Outline email clients supported by Workspace ONE UEM
• Configure an Exchange Active Sync (EAS) profile in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Configure Workspace ONE® Boxer settings
• Summarize the available email infrastructure integration models and describe their workflows
10 Content Sharing
• Describe the benefits of using Content Gateway and the Content Gateway workflows
• Describe the benefits of integrating content repositories with Workspace ONE UEM
• Configure a repository in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Identify console tools that support maintenance
• Analyze how to implement compliance policies to protect environmental security
• Outline features and functions enabled by Workspace ONE Assist
12 Intelligence and Automation
• Outline the functionality enabled by Workspace ONE Intelligence
• Summarize and deploy automation
• Describe the functions and benefits of using compliance policies
• Explain the use-case for Freestyle Orchestrator and understand Freestyle Workflows
• Outline the capabilities of sensors and scripts and the steps for creating them
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.