In this two-day course, you learn how to apply the fundamental techniques for integrating VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ with VMware Workspace ONE® UEM to securely distribute business-critical applications from any device and configure access management controls. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you configure Workspace ONE Access, enterprise, and productivity integrations. You will leave with a foundational understanding of how Workspace ONE uses various authentication methods and protocols to determine user access permissions and enable single sign-on. Overall, the course lays out the foundational principles of identity and access management.
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
• VMware Workspace ONE: Skills for UEM
• VMware Workspace ONE: UEM Bootcamp
Delegates will learn how to
• Explain the general features and functionality enabled with Workspace ONE Access
• Integrate Workspace ONE UEM with Workspace ONE Access
• Summarize and implement Workspace ONE productivity services into the digital workspace environment.
• Explain the methods for enabling mobile single sign-on for mobile endpoints managed in the digital
• Ready and configure Workspace ONE Access to support SAML 2.0 for federated authentication across the
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Workspace ONE Access
• Summarize the benefits of Workspace ONE Access
• Outline the core features and functions enabled by Workspace ONE Access
• Navigate the Workspace ONE Access console
• Explain the functions of Directory Integration with Workspace ONE Access
• Explain the various types of authentication protocols enabled by Workspace ONE Access
3 Integrating Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access
• Explain the rationale for integrating Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access
• Outline process of connecting Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access
• Examine workflow of integrations
• Summarize the key features of an integrated solution
4 Productivity Integration
• Identify the functions enabled by the Unified Access Gateway (UAG)
• Outline the purpose of the SEG Edge Service
• Explain the features enabled by the VMware Tunnel™ Edge Service
• Summarize the capabilities enabled by the Content Gateway Edge Service
5 SAML 2.0 Authentication
• Outline authentication methods supported by Workspace ONE Access
• Summarize the main properties of SAML protocol
• Summarize the SAML authentication workflow
• Explain application SSO authentication workflow with SAML
6 Mobile Single-Sign On
• Describe the concept of mobile SSO (single sign-on) concept
• Outline mobile SSO workflows
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.