In this extended five-day course, you learn how to apply the fundamental techniques for launching and maintaining an intelligence-driven, multi-platform endpoint management solution with Workspace ONE UEM. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you will configure and manage the endpoint lifecycle. You will have the foundational knowledge for effectively implementing Workspace ONE UEM.
Also, you learn how to apply the fundamental techniques for integrating VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ with Workspace ONE UEM to distribute business-critical applications from any device securely and configure access management controls. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you configure Workspace ONE Access, enterprise, and productivity integrations. You will leave with a foundational understanding of how Workspace ONE uses various authentication methods and protocols to determine user access permissions and enable single sign-on. You learn the foundational principles of identity and access management.
Finally, you learn to investigate, analyze, and determine issues that might occur with all the different components of VMware Workspace ONE® UEM. Understanding how to effectively troubleshoot product issues enables administrators to understand how product services communicate and function, optimizing service and software health management. Troubleshooting is the backbone of service maintenance and management.
This course has no prerequisites.
Delegates will learn how to
• Explain the general features and functionality enabled with Workspace ONE UEM
• Summarize essential Workspace ONE administrative functions
• Summarize and implement shared Workspace ONE integrations
• Explain the integration of Workspace ONE UEM with directory services
• Explain and deploy Workspace ONE edge services
• Onboard device endpoints into Workspace ONE UEM
• Securely deploy configurations to Workspace ONE UEM managed devices
• Maintain environment and device fleet health
• Deploy applications to Workspace ONE UEM managed devices
• Analyze a Workspace ONE UEM deployment
• Explain the general features and functionality enabled with Workspace ONE Access
• Integrate Workspace ONE UEM with Workspace ONE Access
• Summarize and implement Workspace ONE productivity services into the digital workspace environment
• Explain the methods for enabling mobile single sign-on for mobile endpoints managed in the digital workspace
• Summarize basic troubleshooting methodology
• Outline common troubleshooting techniques within the Workspace ONE UEM Console
• Outline common troubleshooting techniques when integrating enterprise solutions within the Workspace ONE UEM Console
• Summarize common troubleshooting strategies for UEM-managed devices
• Outline common application management troubleshooting techniques within the Workspace ONE UEM Console
• Summarize common troubleshooting techniques for email management within the Workspace ONE UEM Console
• Explain common troubleshooting approaches for the Workspace ONE UAG platform and individual edge services
• Outline useful troubleshooting tools like Self-service portal and Workspace ONE Assist
• Ready and configure Workspace ONE Access to support SAML 2.0 for federated authentication across the workforce
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Platform Architecture
• Summarize the features and functionality of Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)
• Outline the benefits of leveraging the Workspace ONE UEM
• Recognize the core and productivity components that make up the Workspace ONE UEM platform
• Explain the features and functions of Workspace ONE Hub Services
• Summarize hierarchical management structure
• Navigate and customize the Workspace ONE UEM Console
• Outline account options and permissions
4 Enterprise Integrations
• Outline the process and needs to integrate with directory services
• Explain certificate authentication and practical implementation with Workspace ONE
• Explain the benefits of integrating an Email SMTP service into the Workspace ONE UEM Console
• Outline the prerequisite configurations in the Workspace ONE UEM environment for onboarding devices for management
• Outline the steps for setting up Autodiscovery in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Enroll an endpoint via the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app
• Summarize platform onboarding options
6 Managing Endpoints
• Explain the differences between device and user profiles
• Describe policy management options for Windows 10 and macOS
7 Alternative Management Methods
• Describe the function and benefits of using
• Configure product provisioning in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Understand the benefits of deploying a Workspace ONE Launcher configuration to Android devices
• Describe the features, benefits, and capabilities of application management in Workspace ONE UEM
• Understand and configure deployment settings for public, internal, and paid applications in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Describe the benefits of using Apple Business Manager Content integration
• Describe the benefits of using server to client software distribution
• List the functions and benefits of the Workspace ONE Software Development Kit (SDK)
9 Device Email
• Outline email clients supported by Workspace ONE UEM
• Configure an EAS profile in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Configure Workspace ONE Boxer settings
• Summarize the available email infrastructure integration models and describe their workflows
10 Content Sharing
• Describe the benefits of using Content Gateway and the Content Gateway workflows
• Describe the benefits of integrating content repositories with Workspace ONE UEM
• Configure a repository in the Workspace ONE UEM console
• Identify console tools that support maintenance
• Analyze how to implement compliance policies can protect environmental security
• Outline features and functions enabled by Workspace ONE Assist
12 Intelligence and Automation
• Outline the functionality enabled by Workspace ONE Intelligence
• Summarize and deploy automation
• Describe the functions and benefits of using compliance policies
• Explain the use-case for Freestyle Orchestrator and understand Freestyle Workflows
• Outline the capabilities of sensors and scrips and the step for creating them
13 Workspace ONE Access
• Summarize the benefits of Workspace ONE Access
• Outline the core features and functions enabled by Workspace ONE Access
• Navigate the Workspace ONE Access Console
• Explain the functions of Directory Integration with Workspace ONE Access
• Explain the various types of authentication protocols enabled by Workspace ONE Access
14 Integrating UEM and Access
• Explain the rationale for integrating UEM and Access
• Outline process of connecting UEM and Access
• Examine workflow of integrations
• Summarize the key features of an integrated solution
15 Productivity Integration
• Identify the functions enabled by the UAG
• Outline the purpose of the SEG Edge Service
• Explain the features enabled by the VMware Tunnel Edge Service
• Summarize the capabilities enabled by the Content Gateway Edge Service
16 SAML 2.0 Authentication
• Outline authentication methods supported by Workspace ONE Access
• Summarize the main properties of SAML protocol
• Summarize the SAML authentication workflow
• Explain application SSO authentication workflow with SAML
17 Mobile Single-Sign On
• Describe the concept of Mobile SSO (single sign-on)
• Outline mobile SSO workflows
18 Fundamentals of Troubleshooting UEM
• Outline software troubleshooting logic and support methods
• Explain how knowing the core components process flows can help troubleshoot product issues
• Explain how knowing the integrated components process flows can help troubleshoot product issues
• Identify different Workspace ONE UEM log files
19 UEM Console Troubleshooting
• Outline the best practices for UEM console issue troubleshooting
• Identify common group management and assignment-related issues
• Outline common UEM console system setting and roles issues
• Understand how analytic events can be used to identity platform errors
• Summarize the steps of collecting and analyzing Workspace ONE UEM console logs
20 Integration Troubleshooting
• Outline the common enterprise integrations in Workspace ONE UEM
• Outline the common troubleshooting techniques for the AirWatch Cloud Connector
• Troubleshoot issues related to Directory Services integration
• Identify directory user and groups synchronization issues
• Troubleshoot issues related to certificate authority integration
• Explain Workspace ONE Access Integration and Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Troubleshooting Techniques
21 Endpoint Troubleshooting
• Compare the endpoint connection topology in Workspace ONE UEM
• Outline useful tools and resources for endpoints troubleshooting
• Summarize the best practices for device enrollment troubleshooting
• Explain device connectivity troubleshooting techniques
• Understand how to identify and resolve profile-related issues
• Identify common compliance policy issues and potential root causes
22 Application Troubleshooting
• Understand differently types of applications and troubleshooting scoping questions
• Review application management configurations
• Summarize the general tools and resources for application troubleshooting
• Describe the general logic of troubleshooting public applications
• Understand Internal application issues and potential causes.
• Explain purchased application troubleshooting techniques
23 UAG And Edge Service Troubleshooting
• Review UAG architecture and edge service workflows
• Understand UAG general configurations
• Explain how to utilize UAG-related troubleshooting tools and recourses
• Identify and resolve common Content Gateway on UAG issues
• Summarize VMware Tunnel on UAG troubleshooting techniques
24 Additional Troubleshooting Tools
• Describe how Self-service Portal help administrators and empower end-users to solve issues
• Understand how Workspace ONE Assist can help endpoints troubleshooting
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.