This three-day, hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competency in troubleshooting VMware vRealize® Automation. vRealize Automation can be used to automate the delivery of virtual machines, applications, and personalized IT services across different data centers and hybrid cloud environments. This course will enable you to troubleshoot common problems with hands on lab problems.
Before taking this course, you should have completed the VMware vRealize® Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V8.3] course.
You should also have the following understanding or knowledge:
• Good understanding of managing and working with various Linux and Windows operating systems
• Knowledge and working experience of VMware vSphere® environments
Delegates will learn how to
• Describe installation best practices and troubleshoot installation failures
• Verify the correct DNS configuration
• Examine main logs and collect log bundles
• Examine the Kubernetes pods in the vRealize Automation architecture
• Troubleshoot common errors that prevent successful deployments
• Troubleshoot YAML code errors in VMware cloud templates
• Troubleshoot cloudConfig code errors in VMware cloud templates
• Troubleshoot VMware Identity Manager configuration errors
• Troubleshoot common errors in vRealize Orchestrator workflows
• Use the vRealize Orchestrator debugger
• Use log outputs from vRealize Orchestrator
• Troubleshoot problems in custom resources
• Troubleshoot problems in resource actions
• Troubleshoot action-based extensibility (ABX) actions
• Integrate vRealize Automation with vRealize Log Insight
• Integrate vRealize Automation with vRealize Operations Manager
• Configure and replace certificates
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Troubleshooting vRealize Automation Installation Issues
• vRealize Automation Installation Overview
• vRealize Automation Installation best practices
• Troubleshooting Installation Failures
3 vRealize Automation General Troubleshooting
• Verifying the DNS configuration settings in vRealize Automation and vSphere
• Examining the main logs in the user interface
• Collecting a log bundle
• Using vracli commands
• Examining the pods in the vRealize Automation Kubernetes architecture
• Dumping a log from a vRealize Automation Kubernetes pod
• Killing and restarting a vRealize Automation Kubernetes pod
4 vRealize Automation Cloud Templates and Deployment Troubleshooting
• Overview of provisioning and placement workflows
• Examining a deployment history
• Troubleshooting deployment issues
• Using deployment Dev mode
• Troubleshooting YAML code
• Troubleshooting problems with cloudConfig
5 vRealize Automation Identity Manager Architecture and Cluster Architecture
• Authentication workflow in vRealize Automation
• Connector high availability for authentication
• Architecture of a VMware Identity Manager cluster
• Troubleshooting a VMware Identity Problem
• Key vRealize Automation components
• Architecture of the vRealize Automation cluster
• vRealize Automation node failover scenario
• vRealize Automation cluster shutdown and startup process
• Virtual machine provisioning workflow
6 Troubleshooting vRealize Orchestrator Workflows
• Overview of vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Automation communications
• Using the vRealize Orchestrator debugger
• Using vRealize Orchestrator log output
• Troubleshooting vRealize Orchestrator binding errors
• Troubleshooting vRealize Orchestrator logic errors
• Troubleshooting vRealize Orchestrator payload errors
• Troubleshooting custom resource errors
• Troubleshooting resource action errors
7 Troubleshooting Action Based Extensibility (ABX) Actions
• Overview of ABX actions
• Troubleshooting ABX actions
8 vRealize Automation Integration with vRealize Tools
• Integrating vRealize Automation and vRealize Log Insight
• Integrating vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations Manager
• Using vRealize Operations Manager to monitor vRealize Automation
9 vRealize Automation Certificate Management
• Managing vRealize Automation certificates
• Creating certificate requests with vRealize Lifecycle Manager
• Using Microsoft Certificate Services to create vRealize Automation certificates
• Replacing vRealize Automation certificates
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.