In this five-day course, you focus on configuring and managing VMware vCloud Director® for Service Providers 10.x Tenant Operations. You learn about self-service provisioning, the creation of virtual datacenter networks, vApp and its networks, catalog services that include predefined virtual machines (VMs), and on-demand VMware NSX® networks.
This course covers integrating VMware vCloud Director® with VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ and the use of VMware vCloud® Availability. You learn how to manage multisite, cross-VDC networking for vCloud Director. You also learn how to use Central Point of Management (CPOM) to define a software-defined datacenter (SDDC) for tenant users of vCloud Director. This course also discusses how to monitor various vCloud Director objects using VMware vRealize® Operations Manager
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
• VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
• VMware vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage
Delegates will learn how to
• Understand role-based access control and custom roles
• Manage vCloud Director organizations’ VDC and vApps
• Manage VMs using sizing and placement policies
• Create and share vCloud Director catalogs and vApp templates
• Describe and use CPOM to view dedicated VMware vSphere® datacenters in the tenant portal
• Configure networking for organizations and vApps with the help of NSX
• Configure the integration with vCloud Availability
• Transfer VM workloads from vSphere into and out of vCloud Director sites and between vCloud Director
sites for customer onboarding
• Manage multisite deployment as a tenant administrator
• Know how to integrate vRealize Orchestrator and use the existing workflows
• Monitor vCloud Director using VMware vRealize® Operations ManagerTM
• Know the new features of vCloud Director 10.x tenant operations
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introduction to vCloud Director, Service Provider, and Tenant Portal
• Explain vCloud Director concepts
• Outline the preconfigured tasks by the service provider
• Describe and understand the tenant portal use cases
3 User Access Control
• Discuss users and groups
• Understand the custom roles
• List the user roles
• Discuss role-based access control (RBAC)
4 Working with Virtual Machines
• Create a standalone VM
• Perform VM operations
• Manage VM properties
5 Working with vApps
• Create VMs in a vApp
• Manage catalogs
• Share catalogs
• Discuss vApp templates
6 Organization VDC Networking
• Understand organization VDC networks
• List the types of organization VDC networks
• Describe the edge gateway services
• List the enhanced NSX-T supported features from the tenant portal
7 vApp Networking
• Create and manage vApp networks
• List the various types of vApp networks
• Discuss vApp fencing
• Discuss routed, isolated, and direct vApp networks
8 vCloud Availability
• Discuss vCloud Availability and its integration with vCloud Director
• Migrate VMs from cloud to cloud
• Migrate VMs from on-premises to cloud
9 vCloud Extensibility
• Integrate vRealize Orchestrator with vCloud Director
• Work with swagger, vCloud API, vCD CLI, and VMware PowerCLI™
10 Multisite Deployment and CPOM
• Discuss multisite deployments
• Configure cross VDC networking
• Define SDDC
• Familiarize with SDDC and SDDC proxy
• Use enhanced CPOM through the tenant portal
11 Monitoring and Managing vCloud Director Resources
• Monitor resources from the tenant portal
• Monitor vCloud Director objects with vRealize Operations Manager
• Understand dashboards, metrics, alerts, and reports
12 vCloud Director 10.x Tenant New Feature
• Describe name disk feature
• Describe VM sizing and VM placement policies
• Describe object storage extension
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.