During this two-day course, you focus on using VMware Tanzu® Mission Control™ to provision and manage Kubernetes clusters. The course covers how to apply access, image registry, network, security, quota, and custom policies to Kubernetes environments. For cluster provisioning and management, the course focuses on deploying, upgrading, backing up, and monitoring Kubernetes clusters on VMware vSphere® with VMware Tanzu® and also covers package management using the VMware Tanzu Mission Control catalog.
• Experience deploying and managing multiple Kubernetes clusters
• Experience with Kubernetes RBAC, network policies, resource quotas, and Pod Security Policies
The provisioning lesson in the course relies on VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid™, so the attending one of the following courses is recommended:
• VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy and Manage [V7]
• VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid: Install, Configure, Manage [V1.3]
Delegates will learn how to
• Describe the Tanzu Mission Control architecture
• Configure user and group access
• Create access, image registry, network, security, quota, and custom policies
• Connect your on-premises vSphere with Tanzu Supervisor cluster to VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• Create, manage, and back up Tanzu Kubernetes clusters
• Perform cluster inspections
• Manage packages in your clusters
• Monitor and secure Kubernetes environments
1 Course Introduction
• Introduction and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introducing VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• Explain VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• List the problems that VMware Tanzu Mission Control solves
• Request access to VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• Describe VMware Cloud services
• Describe organization roles in VMware Cloud services
• Describe service roles in VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• Create and manage groups in VMware Cloud services
• Describe the architecture of VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• Describe the resource hierarchy of VMware Tanzu Mission Control
3 Cluster Management
• Describe the steps for attaching a Kubernetes cluster to VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• Describe the connectivity requirements
• Describe the health statuses
• Describe the steps for registering a Management Cluster to VMware Tanzu Mission Control
• Describe a management cluster
• Describe provisioners
• Describe the purpose of a cloud provider account
• Describe the steps to provision a cluster on Tanzu Kubernetes Grid
• Describe how clusters are scaled and upgraded
• Describe the purpose of cluster inspections
• Describe the purpose of Tanzu Observability
• Describe the purpose of Tanzu Service Mesh Advanced
• Describe VMware Tanzu Mission Control Data Protection
• Describe the VMware Tanzu Mission Control catalog
• Describe the installation and management of packages
4 Policy Management
• Describe the policy model
• Describe the available policy types
• Describe how access policies grant users access to different resources
• Explain how image registry policies restrict from which image registries container images can be pulled
• Describe how network policies are applied to clusters
• Describe how security policies control deployment of pods in a cluster
• Describe how quota policies manage resource consumption in your clusters
• Describe how custom policies implement specialized policies that govern your Kubernetes clusters
• Describe how Policy Insights reports Tanzu Mission Control policy issues
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.