This two-day, hands-on training course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competency in deploying and managing the VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud® environment. In this course, you are introduced to workflows of various software-defined WAN constructs along with several operational tools that help you deploy and manage VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud.
• Extensive knowledge of routing and switching is required.
You should also have the following understanding or knowledge:
• Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
• Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including:
• Switching and routing technologies (L2-L3)
• Network and application delivery services (L4-L7)
• Basic understanding of IaaS, SaaS, and public and private cloud
The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (2020) certification is recommended.
Delegates will learn how to
• Discuss the SD-WAN architecture and platform deployment model options
• Identify and describe the SD-WAN solution components
• Explain the interaction between the SD-WAN Edge, Orchestrator, and Gateway components
• Describe the SD-WAN Software-Defined Networking (SDN) approach, traffic, and network flows
• Explore SD-WAN core features and evaluate how these dramatically improve operational automation
• Use SD-WAN features to perform simple, agile, and secure SD-WAN operations
• Simplify branch infrastructure by inserting network services on the branch edge, in the cloud, or in the
regional and enterprise data centers
| 1 Course Introduction |
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introduction to VMware SD-WAN Solution
• Revisit the traditional WAN technology, WAN topologies and downsides
• Explain the challenges solved by Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) and use cases
• List the components of the VMware SASE™ solution
• Describe the VMware SD-WAN solution and list its capabilities
3 VMware SD-WAN Components and Architecture
• Understand the architecture of the VMware SD-WAN solution and list all its components
• Explain the function of VMware SD-WAN Edges, Hub, Gateways, controllers, and Orchestrator
• Explain how the components of the VMware SD-WAN solution interact with each other
4 Using VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator
• Describe key attributes of the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator
• List primary features of the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator
• Navigate the main menus of the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator portal
5 Deploy and Configure VMware SD-WAN
• Understand the deployment process of VMware SD-WAN components like VMware SD-WAN Edges,
Hubs, Gateways, and more
• Understand the workflow of the VMware SD-WAN configuration
• List the optional network services that are supported by VMware and the steps to configure the same
• Understand the profiles and their application in the VMware SD-WAN infrastructure
• Describe the VMware SD-WAN Edge activation process
6 Path and Traffic Management
• List the routing options supported by VMware SD-WAN: Static, BGP, OSPF
• Understand the Dynamic Multipath Optimization (DMPO) feature and its advantages
• Explain the Quality of Service and its configuration to manage traffic
7 Securing VMware SD-WAN Environment
• Explain various options available to secure VMware SD-WAN environments.
• Understand the firewall capabilities and configuration
8 Monitoring, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
• List and understand the various features available to monitor the VMware SD-WAN infrastructure
• List and understand the various options available to troubleshoot and investigate issues in VMware
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.