“Feedback is the breakfast of champions.”
Ken Blanchard - American author
Feedback is an essential skill and likely to be used every day. People need feedback if they are to learn. If feedback is not given, mistakes and misunderstandings can turn into bad habits and bad practice. Good practice can also go unrecognised.
People who attend this half-day session often ask us:
- It feels like people don’t listen when I give them feedback. What am I doing wrong?
- I’m not getting feedback from my team and/or manager. How do I ask for and structure a feedback conversation?
- I’m a manager and need to give feedback to my team. How do I ensure I give effective feedback?
- What tools can help me to have effective feedback conversations?
The art of giving great feedback can easily be mastered with a simple structured approach, which will enable you to be more confident to tackle sensitive or challenging situations. Giving effective supportive feedback will boost confidence and motivation and enhance relationships.
This half-day session is suitable for anyone who wants to give and receive effective feedback.
You will learn how to:
- Understand effective feedback
- Deliver feedback using a structured approach
- Understand reactions to feedback
- Prepare to give effective feedback confidently
- Create an action plan to develop your feedback skills
- What is feedback?
- The characteristics of effective feedback
- Models of effective feedback
- Reactions to feedback
- Putting effective feedback into place
- Action plan