“In a very real sense we have two minds, one that thinks and one that feels”
Author of Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ
Emotional intelligence is the key to success, proven by a ground breaking research study; people with high emotional intelligence are able to navigate the world of work with an optimistic approach, they are more able to handle setbacks, they enable strong business relationships and are able to solve conflict more easily. This thought provoking and practical workshop will give you some strategies to work with emotional intelligence.
People often ask us:
- How do I keep control of my emotions at work?
- How can I choose to respond to challenging situations in a calm and controlled way?
- How do I recognise emotional cues in other people?
This ½ day session is suitable for anyone who is new to emotional intelligence. You will learn what emotional intelligence is, why it works and how to use it.
You will learn how to:
- State what drives your emotions and how they impact you
- Recognise emotional cues
- Explain how the brain processes emotion
- Prevent emotions from hijacking your relationships
- Practise empathy when responding to others
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Knowing me, knowing you
- How we communicate and your thinking process
- Managing challenging emotions
- The power of empathy
- Action planning