Delivering valuable solutions, faster, doesn’t involve just engineers developing software. It involves introducing a shared DevOps mindset among all the people who define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven products.
The SAFe® DevOps course helps people in technical, non-technical, and leadership roles optimize their development value stream from end to end. Take this course with the rest of your cross-functional team to map your current value stream from concept to cash. Design a Continuous Delivery Pipeline that’s relevant to your business. And get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Learners are required to have a grasp of fundamental Agile concepts.
- Existing knowledge or experience of working in a SAFe® environment
- Complete the e-learning on Agile basics through the SAFe® community platform – this will be made available in the week running up to your course
- For virtual delivery, learners will require the use of WebEx and the ability to access boards on Miro.com
Delegates will learn how to
By the end of this course you will know:
- How to incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline.
- How to integrate continuous exploration, integration, and deployment, and release value to end users on demand.
- How to design and implement an actionable DevOps transformation plan tailored to your organization.
- How to evaluate and improve your current state using tools like the DevOps Health Radar and Transformation Canvas.
During this two-day course, you will gain the understanding needed to design a Continuous Delivery Pipeline. A fictional scenario is used to role play some of the standard conversations that are often heard in organisations when looking to imbue a DevOps culture. Throughout the course, the DevOps Health Radar will be used to allow attendees to map out their current challenges. In addition to this, attendees will develop a DevOps Transformation Canvas as the course moves through the 4 aspects of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
You will learn in a collaborative environment, supported by one of QA’s Agile & SAFe® expert coaches and trainers.
Throughout the course, you will explore the following topics:
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Value Stream
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality in with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering business value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
- Practicing SAFe ®
- Exam name: SAFe® 5.1 DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® DevOps course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 33 out of 45 (73% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
- Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner certificate
- A SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® DevOps Practitioner
- A SAFe® DevOps Practitioner certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.